'69 cb350- Gumby Tinkerdeere (aka Gumpy).. (one sexy 'sickle)

Re: 1969 cb350- tinkerbelle

he didn't bother doing anything to the bike before painting it, he just went over all the spiderwebs and such.

the frame is going to be green, but a bit brighter green than the PO painted it. the tank and seat will be white and green. i'll photoshop it so y'all can get an idea of what it'll look like..

i should have more pictures up tonight!

At least he masked the tires... the guy that painted my 750 barely did that.

Pull that exhaust sticker off the swingarm, There are a lot of sources for that stuff, shiny and new. I got myself a handfull of them from bike bandit.

the PO's last name wasn't Deere was it? paint the rims yellow and put an 8 point buck that looks like the hillbilly version of the impala logo on the tank and you are good to go!!

i look forward to seeing your progress! enjoy!

mysta2 said:
At least he masked the tires... the guy that painted my 750 barely did that.

Pull that exhaust sticker off the swingarm, There are a lot of sources for that stuff, shiny and new. I got myself a handfull of them from bike bandit.

i don't think he did. there's quite a bit of paint on the tires. not to mention, the tubes are outside of the wheel on the front.

hop back in front of that cabinet on that swing arm... still needs alot more blast work... like at the weld joints... got to clean all that up... nice work though!

tonight i cleaned that swingarm up (it was oil on there, i'd rather clean it off than have it in the cabinet) and re-blasted those areas

got the gaskets in today!
KITCB350.jpg

more evidence of things living in my bike
IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

after some blasting

won't be able to work on it tomorrow, i'm working 8 am- 11 pm, so y'all will have to wait until saturday for another update!!

Re: 1969 cb350- Gumby Tinkerdeere

re-named the bike :p

finished blasting the engine today, and cleaned it up. i went to put it back together, and found that this little rubber piece in the cam chain tensioner had gone missing. spent too long trying to figure out if it had dropped down into the engine, to find that it wasn't there. no idea what happened to it. i just ordered a new one. so, that sort of sucks. new blaster gun should get here this week so i can blast the frame. i'm a sleepy head.

an attractive woman who actually knows something about motorcycling and takes an interest in cafe racers; specifically CB350s... And that lives in Pennsylvania?

In two years time, I may just be proposing too you ;) ;)

Rocan said:
an attractive woman who actually knows something about motorcycling and takes an interest in cafe racers; specifically CB350s... And that lives in Pennsylvania?

In two years time, I may just be proposing too you ;) ;)

You can get married at 17???? ???

that rubber piece for the cam chain tensioner didn't ship until yesterday. i hope it comes in this week

blasting the rear wheel thursday or friday

picking up a front wheel with a disc brake on sunday

new shocks and tires came in yesterday

ordered an exhaust from chrisf

found turn signals and tail light that i want

hopefully i'll be able to update this regularly again soon, just waiting on parts right now

that rubber piece came today. i was surprised.
went to go put the engine back together, and realized i'd forgotten to heli-coil the spark plug ports. needed to do so, the PO stripped them pretty bad. might as well do it while the engine is apart. unfortunately, it was already 10:30 at night, so i couldn't go buy what i needed. poot.
apparently it's not my week for working on the bike.
i did put in the new glass for the sandblasting cabinet though!

IMG_0391.jpg

heli-coiled the spark plug ports

also blasted small bits

finally able to get the engine back together. i picked up a wheel with a disc brake, but it was a 19 inch wheel. i'm going to try to swap the disc brake to my 18 inch wheel, and get spokes that fit. i still need to blast the frame, and i'm cutting some small things off. hopefully i'll get a chance to work more today after work!

So I've shown your thread to my wife to try getting her interested in building a bike....it's not working.... What can I do?! But I love seeing the progress you are making here tho, it's kinda like a rescue project of sorts for neglected and abused bikes to give them new life ;D

Mr.E said:
So I've shown your thread to my wife to try getting her interested in building a bike....it's not working.... What can I do?! But I love seeing the progress you are making here tho, it's kinda like a rescue project of sorts for neglected and abused bikes to give them new life ;D

does she like riding?
try showing her the creative side, rather than the mechanical side. it seems like girls don't show as much interest in the mechanical aspect. maybe have her start with a bike that mostly needs cosmetic work, and a carb cleaning. i started with an xs250 that needed cosmetic work and some carb work, and gradually got bikes that needed more and more work. i was nervous about taking apart an engine and messing something up. i got a bike that couldn't be much worse off, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if i messed something up..
dirt-1.jpg

hope that helps ;D

hell ya man! my girl designed her whole bobber from the custom powder to the wheels! she did every aspect of it...all i did was make it happen... she did some stuff and shot paint, but for the most part was just the brains behind the operation... blows people mind when they come up to talk about the bike and she is able to rattle off exaclty what we did and how we did it

Back
Top Bottom