1977 BMW R100/7 Sarcoplasmic Cow Hellride

Re: 1977 BMW R100/7 Miles Von Muncher Hellride

I saw you pulled the harness, etc. Is it going back in or what kinda surgery does it need?

canyoncarver said:
I saw you pulled the harness, etc. Is it going back in or what kinda surgery does it need?
Starting the harness from scratch. It's got frayed and melted wires all over the place.

deviant said:
Yeah, stock pipes. I haven't gotten that far yet. ;)

Sorry, I meant, "R100/7 stock pipes are an awkward length." The rest of these bikes are pretty awkward, too (stock). Keep up the good work!

Nice, signing up. Fb 11 in your future? I like mine. Need to do a proper review for Matt.

iatethepeach said:
Sorry, I meant, "R100/7 stock pipes are an awkward length." The rest of these bikes are pretty awkward, too (stock). Keep up the good work!
Much thanks. We're on the same page. I'll probably end up doing something I shouldn't, but hopefully it all makes sense and it's a little more fun in the end.

Doubt I'll get the FB-11, Mike. I'm sure Matt's putting out a solid piece, but I'm pretty happy with my setup on the 7fitty. I'm going to use buss bars and a fuse box like this...

https://www.amazon.com/OLS-PSZACCEPS051H-6-Way-Illuminated-Blade/dp/B00QMTAZ1W/ref=pd_nav_hcs_bia_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7G80FJXJXB9TB1E7H14N

That's kool. On a more complicated bike I could see the FB-11 being more useful.

It's not that complicated. No more than any other air-cooled motorcycle built in the 70s.

No more than any other air-cooled motorcycle built in the 70s with two petcocks.

Busted!

deviant said:
Much thanks. We're on the same page. I'll probably end up doing something I shouldn't, but hopefully it all makes sense and it's a little more fun in the end.

Doubt I'll get the FB-11, Mike. I'm sure Matt's putting out a solid piece, but I'm pretty happy with my setup on the 7fitty. I'm going to use buss bars and a fuse box like this...

https://www.amazon.com/OLS-PSZACCEPS051H-6-Way-Illuminated-Blade/dp/B00QMTAZ1W/ref=pd_nav_hcs_bia_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7G80FJXJXB9TB1E7H14N

Sorry, thread jack but I'm interested in wiring stuff. If you use that fuse box why do you need the terminal blocks?

You could just go through the fuse box, and on my XLRM I'm probably going that route. I like the buss bars to organize the circuits and to give nice clean switch point for all power. On the 7fitty, the buss bars are fed through the on/off switch.

iatethepeach said:
No more than any other air-cooled motorcycle built in the 70s with two petcocks.

Busted!
But only one point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. The XS500 tank on my CB750 has two petcocks.

iatethepeach said:
Touché.

Two turn-signal switches, then? Or was BMW switchgear relatively sane in the 70's?
Ah.... Turn signal switch on right hand flick thumb down for right, up for left ... Love it. Wish the new bikes had this.

You guys are talking as though I'm keeping that shit. ;D ;D ;D

deviant said:
You guys are talking as though I'm keeping that shit. ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, you need Kawasaki or Yamaha parts and bar controls to mess with the purists.

canyoncarver said:
Yeah, you need Kawasaki or Yamaha parts and bar controls to mess with the purists.
;)

Yeah the purist are an odd bunch with BMW. They talk about original paint and pinstripes and suspect condition on fugly styled bikes. Then whip an obscene price on a $2500 bike and talk about how the plastic POS mirrors are OEM.

Ellwood said:
Yeah the purist are an odd bunch with BMW. They talk about original paint and pinstripes and suspect condition on fugly styled bikes. Then whip an obscene price on a $2500 bike and talk about how the plastic POS mirrors are OEM.

My buddy AL was old, and he was a BMW guy, but far from a purist. He rode a few states over to Illinois on his 78 for a BMW show (he was probably in his late 60's at the time). When he got there he got flamed for having excel rims laced and an aftermarket exhausted mounted. They claimed that he "ruined a perfectly good BMW". He said he was there for 20 minutes before he turned around an came home lol sounds like a fun bunch of guys to hang with.

Back
Top Bottom