CBX1000 Cafe Racer build - just finished

norzilla

Hey All...

Here are some pics of my recently finished CBX1000 Cafe Racer in custom frame, custom everything... actually the only thing left from the Donor bike is the engine and that has just been removed again to have a couple of upgrades... to take it out to 1425cc and about 165hp at the ground. It should be back on the road after xmas.

Hope you like it !

Attachments

• cbx2 sml.jpg
    cbx2 sml.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,834
I really enjoy getting the opportunity to see CBX1000s. They are nothing less than over the top, mind blowing to me. I would never ever own anything w more than 2 carbs myself, I dont even want to imagine the nightmare 6 must be.
And yours is simply amazing.

If you did the work please create a build thread and post ALL the process pics you got.
If someone else did the work, congrats on your purchase, you bought a nice looking machine.

So welcome and thanks for sharing the pic of a cool looking bike.

Thanks for the compliments, as yes I built it myself.

I designed the core frame layout then worked with my frame builder to get the frame I wanted.

All the rest of the bike is my own work.

I have a stack of photos that I will put together in the next few days when i get some time.

Thanks again
John

The cbx1000 is my favourite, "if only I had the money" bike of all time! Congrats! Yours looks amazing.

norzilla said:
Thanks for the compliments, as yes I built it myself.

I designed the core frame layout then worked with my frame builder to get the frame I wanted.

All the rest of the bike is my own work.

I have a stack of photos that I will put together in the next few days when i get some time.

Thanks again
John

Then YES! get your build pics in here.

Wow, that thing is mean looking! More Pics, video, and anything else you have of it, please!

Hey all..

To answer a couple of the questions people have..

At the moment I don't have video of the bike running, but when the engine is back from the engine builder, I should have some dyno footage and some riding video etc

I am now located in Sydney, Australia.

and of o1Marc - the headlight is a modified headlight off a Moto Guzzi that I got off ebay in the UK.

The front end is Honda CBR 929 fireblade, wheels are 18" Kawasaki 5 spoke's Campo lookalikes, Fireblade Nissin front brakes, R1 wavy rotors, Brembo radial master cyl for brake and clutch off 1098 Ducati , hydraulic clutch conversion, custom Venhill braided brake and clutch lines and lots of other tricks.

Cheers
John

All electrics inc battery are under the seat and under the tank.

One question I have, what are your headers made of? They have an odd color to them...

reply to Ronnie: I build my exhaust systems of 316 stainless tube, then have the polished like chrome. It is the heat of the exhaust that turns the pipes a nice gold colour... nothing tricky just heat! :) I make hand make the pipes from a series of mandrel bent pieces of tube , cut them in the right spots and then TIG weld them together... I try as best i can to TIG them without filler rod so there is very little weld to grind smooth before polishing. I have some pics somewhere, that I will add to the build posting.

That's how I'm going to do it on mine. Cool, thanks!

-sent from sea via corked bottle

Back
Top Bottom