Stifler's Mom

I'm good at adapting the adaptations, and modifying the modifications. ;D

Oh cool! For some reason I was thinking the bolt holes needed bored out a bit. But that's me recalling a guy who did it in the past....perhaps he was an idiot.

Yeah you lose the center stand totally but the rear mounts are under the passenger pegs. Also make a spacer so your side stand doesn't dent those noise makers!

Rock. Maybe that's what I was thinking. And you wonder why I leave my yamaha work to you.....

Re: Re: Stifler's Mom

Ahamay056 said:
Shit I'ma build a 160!

You already are....I just haven't figured out which closet you're keeping it in. Haven't checked the new shed yet either....

While adjusting the clutch (the adjustment by the left grip was maxed out) on the side of the case, I noticed the rear sprocket needs changed. So it looks like a chain/sprocket and clutch pack needs to be added to the "must buy list", along with a set of new tires. I'm thinking :
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/396/6012/ITEM/Bridgestone-Battlax-BT-45-Sport-Touring-Front-Tire.aspx
or:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/396/12107/ITEM/Avon-AM26-Roadrider-Rear-Tire.aspx

I probably won't buy anything until after Christmas though. :(

I have quite a few sprockets for the 4 bolt yamaha rear. Your's should be a 40 but I will see what I've got, but if you gots the dollers a 520 does wonders on these.

So.....
While sitting on the garage floor,adjusting the clutch, I noticed that one fuel line (the one that came loose the first time I turned off the choke) ??? had NO fuel filter.
And the other had one that looked like a refugee from a weed-eater. ::)

A quick trip to my favorite hardware store, and I came home with:

1) A spare key! Now I don't have to act so OCD about where I put my key.

2)Two gravity feed fuel filters with LOTS of flow.

3) A pair of deerskin gloves. To wear while riding, until I can find some good armored gloves that fit.

4) Eight spring type hose-clamps. Which turn out to be too big, ::)

After trimming the fuel line to the right length to run straight with the new filters installed, and installing said filters. I turn on the petcock to check for leaks (after gathering my gear for a shake-down run). And gas RUNS out of the carbs and onto the top of the case, then forms a puddle on the driveway. :mad:
Of course I suspect the new filters have a split, or a loose fit with the fuel line. But I fondle and wiggle everything I just assembled, and nothing is even damp, nadda, zip. ??? So as I sit there on the concrete staring at the carbs, I turn the petcock back on.......and fuel POURS out of......the left carb's OVERFLOW! Now I'm thinking CRAP, now I gotta rebuild the damn carbs. :mad:
But in a somewhat weak and flickering "flash of brilliance" I blip the throttle. Turn the petcock back on and......IT WORKS!!! Not even a drip.

So, I put my gear on, kick it ONCE, and enjoy a couple of brisk turns around the neighborhood. 8)
When I stop, I leave her running as I pull off my helmet, and bend over and check for anything dribbling. Not a drop! ;D
So I turn off the petcock, and then the ignition, and roll her back into the garage. As I swing my leg off, I hear the distant rumbles of thunder. Finished just in time. ;)

What do you think the chances are. that a little Mom & Pop hardware store would have a key-blank for a '72 Yamaha? There is a reason that place is my favorite place in town. :)
And I gotta buy/make a bike lift. I'm too damn old and busticated to sit cross-legged on the concrete.

4eyes said:

So, I put my gear on, kick her ONCE, and enjoy a couple of brisk turns around the neighborhood. 8)
When I stop, I leave her running as I pull off my helmet, and bend over and check for anything dribbling. Not a drop! ;D
So I turn off the petcock, and then the ignition, and roll her back into the garage. As I swing my leg off, I hear the distant rumbles of thunder. Finished just in time. ;)

Way way to many double entendres going on here, but I'm sure Stifler's Mom likes it that way ;)

theprep said:
Nice bike, going back all original?

Not even close. ;D
Staring with Bridgestone Battlaxes and Moto Carrera pipes, and working my way up from there to superbike bars and bar-end mirrors. 8)
I'm planning to attempt fabricating an alloy tank too. ::)

Esquistite analogy between an Iconic figure and your bike. I like your line of thinking.

It's so tempting to set the charge-card on meltdown, and surround myself with a pile of bitchin' parts. ::)
But I'm trying to pace myself, and only buy stuff when I actually need them. First is tires and bars. The Cheng-shits on there now aren't very confidence inspiring. And I still need bar-end mirrors, the work-around with the existing mirror is a compromise at best.

But before that I have to deal with the DMV, and get legal. ::)
Because I'm not buyin' the fake boobs, until the wench has my name on her! :p

Back
Top Bottom