lil beast soon to be cb175

boingk said:
To get the filter size (I'm assuming pods here) simply measure the outside diameter of the carbs intake side. This will give you the size you need to purchase. If its an odd size, say 34.6mm, [size=10pt]then round up to the nearest millimeter to avoid overstressing the rubber boot[/size]. If you plan on running velocity stacks, then its the inside diameter you want to match up.

Cheers - boingk

Actually, you want to go the other way and round down. The boot will easily stretch a few mm - and you dont want to have an oversized pod that may not seal properly................or possibly fall off your carb somewhere down the road... :eek:

I've got a 73 CL175 I'm building. This should help you out quite abit as it's the factory manual in pdf format.
http://download168.mediafire.com/h5s33jhpejxg/tej2xyizztm/Honda+CB125+CB175+CL125+CL175+Workshop+Manual.pdf
As for getting rearsets and having a passenger it's gonna be pretty hard. The bike is pretty small as it is and the best place to mount some rearsets is to use the passenger peg location. They do make specific rearsets for CB/CL175's. Check out Motobits as that's what I've got on my bike. I think with the CB you have to do a little work cause the exhaust gets in the way. I didn't have a problem cause with my CL it's got scrambler pipes which are mounted higher. As for clipons, Perrault Performance make some killer clipons. There's not a lot of companies that make 31mm clipons. Both the Motobits and Perrault Performance parts are kinda pricey but well worth the price. You should also check out batemanracing.com as he deals specifically with just 160 and 175 Honda's. I had the same problem with the carbs when I got my CL. I just hosed down the carbs with cleaner and blew out all the jets and ports and it was better. With my clipons and rearsets no matter how much I would of taken out of the stock seat it would of been too high unless it was just the seat pan you were left sitting on. I've got a fiberglass seat and it feels alot better and more comfy. Not to mention with the Motobits rearsets, you actually cut off most of the passenger footpeg plate to attach the rearset mounting plate.

thanks for the pointers guys. i found a junk yard near my house i'm so pumped to stop by there this saturday hopefully there is something good there. like a carb rod choke.

so i lost my manual (stupid) i have no clue where it could have gone since it doens't leave my house. i was rebuilding my carbs and on of the jets doesn't move smoothly i was wondering what would be a way to smooth the channel a bit so it could move freely or what could i do in general.

it has been long past due for an update. i got pictures of the motor cleaned and i'm about to paint it but was wondering if anyone has had issues with a painted motor causing heating problems. tonight i will get springs cleaned and case taken off. front forks are cleaned and will be rebuilt tonight as well. i'll get pictures posted tonight

so i decided i'm tired of being a lagger and coming back from up north working a car show it made me want to get all my projects done so this is what i did today.

blast & clean engine, black out engine, frame is done and ready to paint, took forks and shocks apart, polished engine brackets. its too hot to do anymore in the new workspace. now its time to go swimming. have fun fellow wrenchers.

DSCF2060.jpg

the new workspace i'm pumped
DSCF2193.jpg

taking those caps off was a mission but thanks to this big ups to goodfornothing.
DSCF2183.jpg

$50 mod thread is a bible
IMG01732.jpg

this thing was dirty and now is
DSCF2185.jpg

soda blasted and scrubed thanks to the $50 thread again
http://[http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy346/chris61dulce/DSCF2188.jpg?t=1251664990/img]
blacked out will be sanding fins and the cubic size
[img width=1024 height=768]http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy346/chris61dulce/DSCF2186.jpg?t=1251665058
this thing is getting powder coated on monday finally

so i just have to say don't get discourage if you run in to problems because you could get it done and there will be always a little bump in the road when working on something yourself. "if it doesn't make you bleed its not worth it"

chris61dulce

oh would i be able to rock my springs just like this. i was wondering if the retainers would hold up with the casing. or should i just cut the casing and keep the top on the spring. let me know what you guys think.

DSCF2191.jpg

DSCF2192.jpg

If you could stretch out the "garbage pail" wheels theyd make ill wheels for your bike.

I thought they were life size, your photo is playing tricks with me.

got the frame back from bad news i thought i had checked everything and knew i took off the bushing for the swing arm :'( no more bushings now because they were still installed and melted on a brighter note i guess hahaha my frame looks great.

if anyone has some bushings for a 73 cb175 lets make a deal

Love that engine paint color, what brand and color is it?? From what I can see it looks like a gun metal color - very cool. -MBS

Mate, that old engine cleaned up nice... looking forward to see how this turns out!

chris73cb175 said:
this thing is getting powder coated on monday finally

so i just have to say don't get discourage if you run in to problems because you could get it done and there will be always a little bump in the road when working on something yourself. "if it doesn't make you bleed its not worth it"

Powder - and it looks freakin amazing! Any progress man?

Big R said:
Powder - and it looks freakin amazing! Any progress man?

i have been out of the game for a bit due to work and regular family stuff. but there has been a lot of progress i'll get pictures posted this week. i'm sorry fellas on the lagging.

Back
Top Bottom