lil beast soon to be cb175

cant wait to see more pictures....ENGINE LOOKS GREAT!!

if you need any parts im parting out an entire cl175, just pm me with your needs/wants. (the pipes are the high mounts and are pretty mint VERY minimal rust)

here is the startor side. i removed the electric startor. motor is about 3 lbs lighter now haha.
DSCN0314.jpg

those big 174cc hahaha. other angle of the startor being gone. i used a 1 3/4 freeze plug. wish i had a mill

DSCN0315.jpg

Nice block-off mod! That engine looks clean as shit. Can't wait to see it resting in the frame. Keep the progress and pics coming!

here is the other side. cleaned everything up. PO seems like they took good care of the motor.
DSCN0310.jpg

here are the side covers all cleaned and the kickstand powder coated and cleaned
DSCN0317.jpg

here is the day i got everything back from my paint guy. i was so pumped.
DSCF2226.jpg

i got these cl pipes for 20 bucks LB swap meet. plan to cut the mufflers off but i don't think they will work for the bike as the guy wasn't sure if they came off a 200 or 350 either way it was worth it. a bit of rust but no eating or holes so thats good.

DSCF2227.jpg

so remember how is was looking for bushings for my swing arm because they melted during paint(sorry no photos of them installed). well i found some. a HUGE THANK YOU to CYCLE OUTLET in Maryland. debbie and her husband run the joint and man was she great. she helped me with part numbers and was easy to get hold of. drop a line if you need anything. 301-724-6923

DSCF2232.jpg

VonYinzer said:
Looks great man! If the pipes dont work, lemme know, Ill take em!

haha i would donate them but i'm sure i'll be having a nother project that just might need them. i'm trying to stack parts haha

i got the gaskets on the motor and that is all put together (will get photos tonight). the wiring will be getting started this weekend.

i ran into another problem. i used Zep rust remover for some of my bolts. they are from the kick stand and some other mounting bolts. well the stuff was too strong and ate away from at the bolts. a couple of the washers are done but i'm a little worried about the bolts and don't want to use them and have them brake and something goes horribly wrong. now i'm in search to match the bolts hopefully this won't take so long. do you guys have any idea where i could find the size or if i could find replacements?

you can't tell from the flash but there is a little hole in the bolt on the threads.
DSCN0356.jpg

DSCN0364.jpg

It really ate the metal? Go to an industrial fastener company. Im a major pain the ass at my local one. Im always there looking for retarded bits like this

Curbcast said:
It really ate the metal? Go to an industrial fastener company. Im a major pain the ass at my local one. Im always there looking for retarded bits like this

i found a spot B&B supply here near my house i just haven't had a chance to go since they are only opened during the times i work. hopefully i get some time to go there today.

late update like always. but i got the motor mounted and my new drag bars in. now i'm just waiting on switches and wiring. tank needs repainting but i'll wait after i get everything together and running. the seat will be done soon just haven't had money or time to roll to my upholstery guy.

lilbeastcb175015.jpg

here is a mock up of the bars.

lilbeastcb175018.jpg

i want to drill them like the old bars. just one single drill in the center and run wires there. what do you guys think?

here are the old bars.
lilbeastcb175019.jpg

loks like some progress over there. hey do you have a blaster? i need to clean some parts of my frame before i do some welding

steve from san fernando valley helped me out with my gas cap and bars. great guy quick responses and shipped fast also. you could find him on craigslist. has stuff for all models.

818 926-0286

Back
Top Bottom