'80 CB400T - Taka

HandMeDownHawk

Therapy??? That's what the bike is for.
Finally decided to start a build thread. I plan to make it sort of cafe inspired yet not. Clubman's or clip-ons sit to low for me to commute comfortably with a backpack. Rear sets are sexy but I have a wife that loves to ride so I have to have passenger pegs and a rear seat.

I will post pics of where I started and where it is now when I get home. Bike was my dad's and it was handed down to me when he picked up a 750 Shadow.

Hahaha, not likely.

Mine was a silver and blue like this one.

cb400t-81a.jpg

Great machine. Rode it for 10 years with no problems.

So I rode it for a while and realized the fairing makes it really hot in the summer, so I snatched it off. Rode it some more and then proceeded to lowside after hitting loose gravel in a turn.

Flugtechnik said:
Hahaha, not likely.

Mine was a silver and blue like this one.

cb400t-81a.jpg

Great machine. Rode it for 10 years with no problems.

Several things I really like on the '81 over the '80. The seat fairing, the front fender, and the dual piston front caliper.

So I ended up swapping to some super bike bars a couple of months ago and changing grips and went to bar end mirrors.

I have a ton of parts to pickup tomorrow from the office. About to fully overhaul the front brake minus the caliper. Have fresh rear shoes, a new clutch and springs as well. Also plan on swapping to a 17/37 sprocket combo with an o-ring chain.

Hagons before the seat cover gets replaced? I am FUCKIN' IN.

I had a blown rear man! Screw a seat cover, I actually have the cover sitting on my desk. Trying to decide if new foam is in the future or not. Looking for another seat pan as well to make a cafe-ish seat that I can easily swap back and forth between.

Once again, USPS has let me down... I went to the office to pickup parts and no DCC package, tracking said it was delivered yesterday. I took today off to work on the bike but I am missing a couple of crucial parts which would make me take the front and back apart twice.

Big thank to Nick at Moto-Madness for the Spiegler line!!!

Spiegler Lines rocks ;D USPS does suck and they wonder why they are going bankrupt. They provide tracking on all priority now but if something lost they are no help haha.

MotoMadness said:
Spiegler Lines rocks ;D USPS does suck and they wonder why they are going bankrupt. They provide tracking on all priority now but if something lost they are no help haha.

I have tracking and it says delivered, the office manager says otherwise... This happened about 2 months ago as well, company re-sent my items UPS and no worries. Without the new MC, not too interested in tearing into the front brakes.

That's how I know the mail carrier left it at the house across the street.

As per usual, I finally have everything I ordered and have no time now to work on it... I really need a garage.

Got out there today despite the chill and knocked out the front brakes. Replaced the master cylinder, put a Spiegler line on, new front EBC pads, new EBC rotor and fresh fluid. Swapped to the front fender I picked up at the swap meet at Barber as well. Had to locate a shorter banjo bolt for the new MC the stock Honda one was too long. Ran by a friend's shop and he swapped me a shorter one. Still need a bolt for the remote resovoir...

Nice . I have always liked the Hawks ! Coming along just like I would ahve done it . Bars and bar end mirrors as well.

Back
Top Bottom