Post a pic of your latest purchase

CarbsAndCylinders said:
Ok thanks, I only remember the 392 that was used a lot in drag racing.
Yeah. The 392 came in the Chrysler 300s, New Yorkers and the Imperials. A badass engine for sure.

It's actually a 354. Largest they had in the trucks. I'm surprised it was that cheap as well. Especially when it was 3 miles from an industrial metal scrapper. Deciding now whether I'll do a built 318 poly or the hemi for the wagon.

e565c1fc811239f8c8ea7df3ce6cfe35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABCanuck said:
It's actually a 354. Largest they had in the trucks. I'm surprised it was that cheap as well. Especially when it was 3 miles from an industrial metal scrapper. Deciding now whether I'll do a built 318 poly or the hemi for the wagon.

e565c1fc811239f8c8ea7df3ce6cfe35.jpg

354 isn't stock for that truck. The only truck they ran it in is the C series for 3 years. Some 354s were actually poly heads.

Actually, they did have it in some 700 series. Those are the numbers I found searching a couple nights ago. There was an Air Force truck with matching numbers, identical to mine with a 354 that sold in 2012. I don't mean to argue, I just know there must have been a few. Most sites I looked at didn't list a truck with it stock but those same sites also didn't go past '57 or '58. This is a '59 power giant hemi.

ABCanuck said:
Actually, they did have it in some 700 series. Those are the numbers I found searching a couple nights ago. There was an Air Force truck with matching numbers, identical to mine with a 354 that sold in 2012. I don't mean to argue, I just know there must have been a few. Most sites I looked at didn't list a truck with it stock but those same sites also didn't go past '57 or '58. This is a '59 power giant hemi.

That's super cool. I've never heard of one with that motor. Trying to figure out what you have. I'm just being the Mopar geek that I am. LOL

If I get a chance I'll take a pic of the motor for ya. The "m" year code threw me off for a bit as I thought they ended in 58. Took quite a bit of Internet digging :)

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Back from another cracking day at Kempton Park Motorcycle Auto Jumble, had a great scrounge around and picked up some of what I wanted....as I always seem to do at this event :D

Best score was the Bell openface custom for £120 which came with a Bell carrier bag which is cool. Also,picked up a Bergen hex drove T bar kit, as most of the fixings on the CBX are Allen bolts, I've found having a tool like this will be a big help.

Replacement indicator body (had to buy the set), stainless cable ties and a demo bottle of non acid/chemical water based bike cleaner to trial.

1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing. Posted today on CL for $100 so I texted I could be there in 30 minutes. He said somebody would be there tomorrow but he'd let me know if the guy didn't take it.

I texted back that the guy might not show up and I'd give him $125 today. He texted back that he couldn't do that to the guy. I texted back that he's not doing anything to anyone and all buyers know that it's usually first come first served, that I'd give him more than his asking price, that it'd be easy with no hassle, that nobody wants to drive in Santa Cruz traffic on Sunday and the guy would probably bail and I didn't wanna drive in Santa Cruz on Sunday either, he could be free tomorrow instead of waiting around for somebody that might not show up, and I could be there in 30 minutes and he'd be done. It worked, he said I convinced him and he sent his address so I drove over, the title matched the bike, got signed bill of sale, gave him $125 and got on my way :D

So here's our $125 Silverwing just before we loaded it on the trailer ( I made my son Michael stand by it, you can see how thrilled he is :/ )

Attachments

• 20161022_213802.jpg
    20161022_213802.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
Awesome job closing the deal! Do yourself a huge favor and search for a guy with screen name " Kamn" here. Kamn is the CX Mini GL Guru here and can set you on a good path to performance and a safe ride!... just do it!!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

NoRiders said:
Silverwing purchase - Awesome pizza delivery hack ya got there fella ;)

What plans do you have for it?

Cafe I think, still in shock a bit :)

Another bike wasn't even on my radar 24 hours ago but when ya see a CX500/GL500 listed... and for $100 with a title??? C'mon, ya gotta at least try right? 8)

MitchellSK said:
Cafe I think, still in shock a bit :)

Another bike wasn't even on my radar 24 hours ago but when ya see a CX500/GL500 listed... and for $100 with a title??? C'mon, ya gotta at least try right? 8)

Nice bike. I picked up one a few months ago for $140 in way worse condition so good deal. I could use a few parts off the bike if you don't want them. If you want to check out my thread look up Green Machine. I will be following you closely.

Back
Top Bottom