Father Son 75 CB200T Rise From the Ruins

3 days from the Netherlands to Texas...amazing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 322
Texasstar said:
My son did say the other day..."what do you think about making the honda orange?"

Your last name is Zeeland? :p

Never even heard it in these parts. Orange is pretty cool a color for a bike like that. Nice flaked paint job would really look good! :)

Nickel89 said:
Your last name is Zeeland? :p

Never even heard it in these parts. Orange is pretty cool a color for a bike like that. Nice flaked paint job would really look good! :)
de Zeeuw. I thought Demy would be a clue :) many years ago I had a guy tell me my name meant "to push" in Arabic what I didn't know is my ancestors "pushed" the sea back. I was told our name meant sea land or of the sea. What I didn't know was that the great struggle it took for that to emerge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

Anthem: Zeeuws volkslied

If you need Valve seals for the CB 200t the honda number you need is 12208-413-003. With that number you can order Viton seals. All I could find for 12209-354-003 was in the gasket kit 06110-354-000. We have carnal knowledge of tracing the valve guide genealogy through history.
1978 cm185
1979 cm185
1980 Cm200t
1983 Cm250c
2004 Crf100
2008 cb250
2009 Crf80

All use the same valve guide and seal. My assumption was that honda is into redundancy and that the specs for the cm200 were too close to the cb to be a coinkidink. Many of the models have different valve guides for the same bike but use the same seal so the tolerances have to be there.

The valve stem diameter for the cb 200 is 5.48mm Inlet and 5.46 Ex
The valve stem diameter for the CRF80 is 5.45mm inlet and 5.43 Ex
Thanks to Les at Vintage Advantage(vintrace@comcast.net) for the tip and to Terry at
Western Hills Honda Ohio(vintage obe wan kenobi) for confirming.
Les makes racing springs that YOU need.
Viton seals are available from Chris@schumannmotorworks.com
Terry has a gasket kit that includes this valve seal... Give him a call!
For the most amazing(legendary)customer service call K and L Supply and talk to Daisy and Craig in r&d! If it wasn't for their kindness this wouldn't be possible!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 315
Texasstar said:
de Zeeuw. I thought Demy would be a clue :) many years ago I had a guy tell me my name meant "to push" in Arabic what I didn't know is my ancestors "pushed" the sea back. I was told our name meant sea land or of the sea. What I didn't know was that the great struggle it took for that to emerge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

Anthem: Zeeuws volkslied

De Zeeuw, that's what we call an inhabitant of the Dutch province of Zeeland (litteraly Sealand. New-Zealand's actually named after the Dutch province! ;) ), indeed :) Cool to see a name like that finds it's way across the big pond :)

Oh and by the way, I'm pretty sure 'Zeeuw' hasn't got the slightest bit of Arabic in it :p The 'Zeeuwen' (plural) are pretty stubborn, no weird foreign folk's going to shove a name down their throats :p

Zeeland has always fought back the sea over the ages. Pinnacle of that battle came in 1953 (google it, Watersnoodramp '53) when a storm and an abnormally high tide forced the sea straight through the dykes. After that Holland started working on the Deltawerken; a huge engineering project protecting Zeeland and the low lying lands behind it from the sea.

The Deltawerken actually cemented Holland's reputation for building water works around the world :) (New Orleans, Venice, Dubai, Hong Kong)

Be proud of that last name ;)

Week 5 has been monumental! We have made 3 field trips: Custom Powdercoating of Dallas; a guy who had a bunch of bikes for sale (we were looking for the 175 scrambler exhaust and my son got hugged by a macaw); and to my neighbor Steve's shop.

Just like the old cafe racers in England had a little help from the government defense contractors we are getting some help from one who makes parts for Bell Helicopter. My son and neighbor Steve have a passion for guns. Steve likes to take my kids down to the range for some therapy. AR, AK, Thumper, etc. These two speak a different language.
Steve showed us how to true up the head, taught my son how to glass bead blast, and gave us a tour of a shop anybody would be envious of. These guys have CNC machines, stuff that makes the Jesus ring, the ring that holds on the rotor of a helicopter. Steve is gonna bore our cylinders to .75 over. We took cylinder measurements and if it wasn't for the bike sitting for so long we were still within spec. Steve sent us home with a shiny head and is going to teach us how to do our valve lapping. So we are off to visit our neighbor Luis who is gonna let use his sandblaster to soda blast with...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,350
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,353
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,343
We picked a few colors

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    800.5 KB · Views: 316
This is an epic father/son experience - hope you get all the pics and stories down and documented in a book for him or something for the future. Of course I expect DO THE TON will be around for decades to come, and your posts/pics will survive us all and always be available to him and future generations.

Tim said:
This is an epic father/son experience - hope you get all the pics and stories down and documented in a book for him or something for the future. Of course I expect DO THE TON will be around for decades to come, and your posts/pics will survive us all and always be available to him and future generations.
Thanks Tim. I hope Do The Ton is there for generations to come. I am trying to put our pilgrimage in places where fire, flood, or ex wife cannot get to. I don't have most of my photos because my ex wife took them 25 years ago. Maybe we can shield these memories. :)

Our neighbor Steve said, "We can make that thing turn 12rpm lol." Titanium pistons and valves, bearings on the cam. Etc" Steve knows his bikes here are a few of his. If it wasn't for Steve we never would have met Tony at L and L where we bought this fine filly of a project.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,237
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,244
http://youtu.be/KruOiiGVLec

Which velocity stacks would be optimum for our build? Does it matter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RLGbssnb4Y&feature=share&list=UUOm_dzAtaif27WLbbUOYCzQ

Week Number Five video highlights

Forks back on, new shoes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 334
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 308
Texasstar said:
Thank you we are looking forward to seeing your build!

If you want to check it out, I've got a thread started! ;)
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=46178.msg508396#msg508396

Mock up 70's number 1. Let us know what you think...

Attachments

• 1975 Honda rebuild color 4.gif
    1975 Honda rebuild color 4.gif
    400.1 KB · Views: 337
Back
Top Bottom