Completely useless italian CB400f build thread!!!

Mugen_Stumpo

this is my italian cb400f build...

this abandoned but not so rusty piece of art was gifted by one of my friend, it was his father bike that was neglected for 20 years and more...

this is how everything started...

dscf0066q.jpg

let's jump 1 entire year... the bike went through some restoration/mod process that "ended" this way:

24mer11.jpg

i27sew.jpg

n4dp5h.jpg

5oh5d4.jpg

2w3vocp.jpg

25krdoo.jpg

2m79bfl.jpg

20h0gwl.jpg

let's start from there... i still have to do so many thing like polish the hubs and relace aluminium this rims and so on

this are my new wheels...borrani replica... 18x2,15 and 18x1,85

2m6wcht.jpg

...so stay tuned 8)

It looks awesome man. I like that set and the whole setup just looks so nice.

I asked in another of your threads what year it is? Yellow was a 1977 year only color but your frame looks different than the 77, is it a 75 or 76?

Brake and peg (and shifter linkage if it were visible) give it away as 1975-76, unless the '77 pegs were replaced. Rear pegs on the swing arm or frame? 75-76 on swing arm for some stupid reason, 77 on frame...

carnivorous chicken said:
Brake and peg (and shifter linkage if it were visible) give it away as 1975-76, unless the '77 pegs were replaced. Rear pegs on the swing arm or frame? 75-76 on swing arm for some stupid reason, 77 on frame...
Loop for the rear pegs and muffler mount is the larger loop from the 75-76. The handlebars being low also give it away as a 75-76. It must have obviously been repainted. You have your passenger peg location backwards Chicken.
Passenger pegs were on the swing arm on the 77:
Here is my 77, notice the peg location and the shape of the frame hoop:
IMG_04071.jpg

Ah, interesting. I think some '77 had passenger pegs on the swing arm, but later ones did not. 75 and 76 certainly did have them on the swing arm -- that's one reason why I took my 75 400F engine out of the frame and put it in a '73 CB350F frame. But your 77 has the front pegs more forward mounted and no linkage on the shifter, I'm guessing. If you wanted to scoot your pegs back 6 inches or so, the 75 and 76 front pegs will work, but you'll also need new brake lever and shifter linkage. Will work for 350F and 550 too.

Nice nice nice love the little extra details you should be well proud 8) ;)

Did you not yet mount the Alu rims ?

I think I have the same Itallian Borrani's for my CB750

Foto-LWPKF83J-D.jpg

Back
Top Bottom