1975 CB360 Freeze-dried Hell Ride

Re: 1975 CB360 Cafe Edit Volume 2

After spending who knows how many hours trying to shape the front fender, I still can't figure out if I like it. I cut 1/2" out of the mounting bracket to get it closer to the tire. In trying to stretch the metal on the the back half of the fender, I managed to flatten the edge profile. I think if I give it a profile closer to the front half, it will look good. I hope so, because I might have to move on and look for another fender option.

Attachments

• honda_22.jpg
    honda_22.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,263
  • honda_21.jpg
    honda_21.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,297

I'm following......bike looks good man.

Can't wait to see what's next.

Fender option #2- rear fender from a '71 Scrambler. I like this option better. It may too bulky with a sort of fender skirt look to it, but I think it's closer to right then the first one. I don't have any more fenders lying around, so if I don't get this one to work, I'll be working from sheet or buying another to alter and retrofit.

Attachments

• honda_23.jpg
    honda_23.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,389

Great day to get out and work on these things........!!!

I kinda liked the other version. All I did was look at all the crap I have to do to all my Honda bikes.

As everyone always says.....they are never done.

1975 CB360 Cafe Edit Volume 2

Dude, this weather is perfect. Snow one day, shorts a few days later.

Even when they are done, they're not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm prefer the first one. The second one just doesn't look right in my opinion.

deviant said:
Dude, this weather is perfect. Snow one day, shorts a few days later.

Even when they are done, they're not.

Yea man.......70 2day and 50 2morrow, upper 60/L70 weds........sh1t, just wish there wasn't that 30 to 40 % chance of rain.

I did go out for a few miles on Sunday......just perfect. First time I've ridden the Harley since it's been fixed, after being rearended.

Rearended? That's sucks. I was run down from behind once by a guy who was reading his power bill. My bike went under his car and I shot over the bars. Luckily I came away with just bruised palms. I hope you didn't get too hurt.

deviant said:
Rearended? That's sucks. I was run down from behind once by a guy who was reading his power bill. My bike went under his car and I shot over the bars. Luckily I came away with just bruised palms. I hope you didn't get too hurt.

Nah, bike got pushed out from under me, I landed under the front bumper of her car, Bike went to the middle of the intersection. A car stopped just in time coming form the other direction.

Just bruised hip bone. A little road rash.

Another adjustment to the seat. I mocked up the stance with it lifted 1.5" in the rear. I hope there are shocks in this world that measure 14 3/4" eye-to-eye. Opening for the tail light is done. Another adjustment to the front fender. I'm also sending off the carbs to PJ so he can work his magic.

Attachments

• honda_24.jpg
    honda_24.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,173
  • honda_25.jpg
    honda_25.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,174

Like the slimmer bottom...it did clean it up and lose some bulk. You could hide some nice LED turn signals in the bar ends at the back there....that would look slick.

I could use a fork brace....so I got dibs on your cast off fender if it will fit...I will probably be dropping my BMW off in Lexington next weekend by the way. I will let you know.

Ellwood said:
Like the slimmer bottom...it did clean it up and lose some bulk. You could hide some nice LED turn signals in the bar ends at the back there....that would look slick.
Exactly what I had in mind. I haven't found a good lens yet, so I may just cast my own. I've been looking at panel indicator lights mostly.

Ellwood said:
I could use a fork brace....so I got dibs on your cast off fender if it will fit...I will probably be dropping my BMW off in Lexington next weekend by the way. I will let you know.

Word. It's yours. Ash's family lives in Lexington. She doesn't work Saturday, so that's my day of religious drinking. If you want to come here, I'll be here or we can go that way.

That sounds like a plan! PM me your telephone number and I will give you call after we thaw out!

Messing around with cherry inlay. Need to get my skills up.

Attachments

• honda_26.jpg
    honda_26.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,205

Two days without power and no end in sight. My property and the neighborhood is destroyed with fallen trees. I'm on winter break, so I was expecting a few days in the studio and wrenching on the bike. Fuck this winter shit.

deviant said:
Two days without power and no end in sight. My property and the neighborhood is destroyed with fallen trees. I'm on winter break, so I was expecting a few days in the studio and wrenching on the bike. Fuck this winter shit.

here-here

Got lucky.....no power loss, just been out of work the last 3 days......now have to work Saturday and maybe sunday to make up for it.

Back
Top Bottom