my Fuck-Ushima XS650

Templier

Carpe Diem
Moved from Paris to Toronto 15mths ago and left my Sporty behind me, decided to start a new bike project in Canada. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_13558878766887.jpeg
    IMG_13558878766887.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 721
I do love me an XS650.. but seriously.. this forum has caused me to have great distaste for Instagram.... "Lets continue to create better and more vivid cameras to capture and display the things we hold dear... and then put shitty filters on them to make them look olde-timey!"

No offense towards you or anything :-D. I know a guy who would love to build you a billet aluminum top tree.. That is if you are planning clip-ons.

LazloH said:
I do love me an XS650.. but seriously.. this forum has caused me to have great distaste for Instagram.... "Lets continue to create better and more vivid cameras to capture and display the things we hold dear... and then put shitty filters on them to make them look olde-timey!"

No offense towards you or anything :-D. I know a guy who would love to build you a billet aluminum top tree.. That is if you are planning clip-ons.

No pb LazloH, i don't use instagram. ;-)
I'd like to put a r1 or r6 front end, and i guess i will need to have the tripple t modified.
If u know anyone who would me with that, this would be much appreciated.

Just the whole filters thing on pictures... it grinds my gears.

Mr.E is actually building custom trees. If you are putting a whole new front end on.. you could probably get away with just swapping stems... but im not sure.. you would have to find out on your own.

What are the plans for the engine? There are a lot of really talented XS650 guys in here (Tim being one of them) that can point you in the right direction for a re-phase.. etc. If you have the money, you can send parts out to Hughs Handbuilt and he ships you back a crank and a cam all ready to go. Did you run this thing at all before you tore it apart?

MikesXS.com is a good place as well.. just keep an eye on some of the parts.. some folks have gotten dent/bent gear... no fault of Mike though... and he is quick to replace.

I have the same workbench....

There is another guy on here (I wont out him.. he is a private dude) that I think is still working on doing a propane conversion on an XS650. Yinzer is doing a chop of one... These are great bikes and very popular..... expect lots of suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom