Stone's CB450 project Tamara

stonenck

Been Around the Block
Hey guys been a cafe fan for a while tried to start a couple projects but they never really got off the ground. Finally have the time, resources, and motivation to see one through! here's my 74 cb360 build, I noticed how everyone on this forum seems to have good and positive input, I could use the help! thanks in advance!
1.jpg

got some rearsets and clubmans
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

the heim joint hole and the hole in the linkage where different size, no worries
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

i'll cut these later out of aluminum of course, maybe make the holes smaller

got some 06 gsxr forks from ebay
9.jpg

I've noticed from a couple of builds that the needle bearing kits stick out the top of the frame and you have to trim the bottom of the frame at the stem so I cut a couple of pieces out on the laser
12.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

I can cut more of these spacers too if anyone needs them :D

Started taking the motor apart
17.jpg

18.jpg

16.jpg

I read from PJ that gs850 pistons will work? what are some other good mods?

Re: Stone's CB360

Very nice start. I love these cb360s. I starter to build a bobber outta mine but seeing projects like this turned it more into a cafe. Very nice machine work. Hope it all comes along for you.

Great start. I can't wait to see what it looks like finished with the gsxr forks.

thanks guys, ya Ive been checkin out some builds on here and I wanted to go for the cafe style as well. now I have to figure out a good wheel combo

andoor said:
Awesome work so far!! I am excited to see how it turns out.
Thanks buddy how do I find your build I remember checking it out before

Hey there, lovely work indeed.
I'm right in the process of marking out some ally plates to cut rear sets tomorrow, could you tell me what kind of angle you landed at between the lever and actuating arm for the brake?
Cheers!:)

Erskine said:
Hey there, lovely work indeed.
I'm right in the process of marking out some ally plates to cut rear sets tomorrow, could you tell me what kind of angle you landed at between the lever and actuating arm for the brake?
Cheers!:)
thanks buddy, i'll post a pic of that later today. I used different angles for both sides.

#stoneck
Could you give me some more info on how you replaced the downtube, because I have almost the same problem and don't really know where to begin.
Was thinking of cutting out the bad section (about 3-4 inches, former owner made a really sloppy repair) and then replacing the tube with a brace (smaller diameter tube) inside it. What did you do about bracing the frame when cutting it btw?

Sorry for hijacking your thread with my noobish questions ;)

Cheers Rune.

kinda tough to explain and its quite labor intensive, I should have taken more pics. here goes- the downtube is welded to the stem so i cut the weld out that runs up to the stem then cut that sheet metal piece off the down tube so i could cut the tube from the stem. i'll try and post a pic tomorrow night of those welds.
as far as bracing the stem will want to move in and the two pieces at the bottom i made braces close to the weld then tacked a brace in the center to keep that distance the same u can kinda see in the pic. i dunno if that mad any sense lol.
not a hijack I'm a bike newb myself i'm here to get others advice and opinions too

Looking forward to that picture ;)
I think I got the idea of how its done. Otherwise I have a friend finishing his welders education and if I'm lucky i might just get him to make me an adjustable frame jig ;)

Really like those rear sets. Cool to see. Nice build. 8) Cool pickups as well. Did you do them?

stonenck said:
I've noticed from a couple of builds that the needle bearing kits stick out the top of the frame and you have to trim the bottom of the frame at the stem so I cut a couple of pieces out on the laser
12.jpg

13.jpg

I can cut more of these spacers too if anyone needs them :D

Awesome start man! Seems like you are following a path very similar to what I did :)

If you have just 1 of those little spacers lying around, I wouldn't mind having it...you probably already saw that I had to shave the bottom of my stem down, and now how the All Balls bearing piece is fitting out of the top of the stem. I could probably make on pretty easy too...

I'm excited to see where you take yours.

What are your plans for wheels? Harley Narrow glide like me??

Back
Top Bottom