CB360 Custom Length Brake Lines

3DogNate

"You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda"
So I need to have a set of custom length brake lines made up for my 360... the Original top hose is far too long now that I'm going with clip on bars.

Where's a great place to get custom lines made without breaking the bank? If any of you have already done this... what length did you have your top hose made to?

I'm about to get a quote from a local shop that specializes in these. They did my wheels and tires, really friendly and honest guys. I'll let you know what I find out since I have the exact setup you do.

Finnigan said:
I'm about to get a quote from a local shop that specializes in these. They did my wheels and tires, really friendly and honest guys. I'll let you know what I find out since I have the exact setup you do.

Awesome!!!! Let me know what you end up with.

Great resource. Thanks for sharing. That said, right in your own hometown I bet theres at least one shop that can make custom hoses for a really reasonable price. The yellow pages are your friend... Make sure you tell them you need HOSES though. Brake LINES are what folks usually refer to hard metal tubing as.

Can't hurt. Its really simple to cut/flare/bend your own lines. Just make sure you use the correct fittings and flare.

VonYinzer said:
Great resource. Thanks for sharing. That said, right in your own hometown I bet theres at least one shop that can make custom hoses for a really reasonable price. The yellow pages are your friend... Make sure you tell them you need HOSES though. Brake LINES are what folks usually refer to hard metal tubing as.

You've never been to Austin. Yeah I could find someone to do it but the price would be far from reasonable. Trust me I've done enough research in this town to know what can be done and what can't for a reasonable price. For example I needed some baffles made for my pipes. Basic, end cap and a tube welded together. Lowest price was 200 highest 700. I'm no noob to this, I spent 20 years racing and engineering Formala Racecars.

Slingshot is A) Reasonable B) Done the R&D and C) Makes a quality product.

No offense taken. I always try to get things done local but Austin doesnt have much in the way of 'fabricators' and the ones we have few are good and those few think they work for Ferrari F1 and charge appropriately.

Maybe I'm jaded since I've spent most of my 50 years in Los Angeles where I had an extensive network of fabricators and the like. Slingshot has done the R&D and rather than open the yellow pages and rolling the dice you will get a quality product the first time at a competitive price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just replace the entire line? I replaced mine and bought stainless braided line and fittings from anplumbing.com. In the end I think I spent around $35 to replace the entire line. If you decide to go this route, just know that you'll have to cut down the banjo bolt that threads into the caliper, as it will be too long to make a seal. You can eliminate that fugly switch too and replace it with a banjo switch. Here's a tutorial I used for reference..

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=17424.msg179175#msg179175

http://slingshot-cycles.com/

Great guy and a great product.
choices of colors and such that he offers, as well as the different lengths he can make them are great
The best part is they are DOT and not some flyby night junk that others sell.

surffly said:
http://slingshot-cycles.com/

Great guy and a great product.
choices of colors and such that he offers, as well as the different lengths he can make them are great
The best part is they are DOT and not some flyby night junk that others sell.

Ditto to this. I have the stock length lines. The fittings are exactly the right angle, the fittings and tubing are high quality. I added Stainless banjo's to it, and it looks and works great.

I have Galfer lines on my 750, and the Slingshot ones are definitely nicer quality. The Galfer is nice, but slingshot is better.

I ended up going with the slingshot brake hoses, they have a cafe/clubman length for the cb360.... Got them installed and bled the brake line... Works great.

Thanks for the tips guys...

Back
Top Bottom