CB550 vs CB750 Caliper/Bracket

.Spindat.

Looking for some guidance from you guys, as I made the mistake of not gathering information first.

eqa9uden.jpg

Here is my predicament, I've got this rotor, based on my research is CB750. The way it is hitting the bracket, I can only assume my caliper is 550. Either way, it isn't going to fit or work, I need to change one of them.

Is there a way for me to tell through pictures I'll get a proper 750 caliper? My 550 caliper has bleed screw issues.. It broke so we drilled and tapped new threads. I'm scared of leaks and want to avoid using it altogether.

All help welcome, any one who
Might have parts they'll sell is even better!

Thanks

500/550 and 750 have different sized calipers. They will not fit, as you found out already.
The broken bleeder is an issue. retapping wont cut it. The end of the hole is tapered and thats where the nipple blocks the passage. You will have to find a screw with the right threads and the right angled point.

I suggest you find yourself another caliper from a 500 or 550 as thats the easiest thing to do. They will set you back between up to 100$, depending on their condition.

not sure where you're located but i've got tons of calipers at my shop in the Netherlands. You can have one for free if you want. shipping costs are yours though.

Bert Jan said:
500/550 and 750 have different sized calipers. They will not fit, as you found out already.
The broken bleeder is an issue. retapping wont cut it. The end of the hole is tapered and thats where the nipple blocks the passage. You will have to find a screw with the right threads and the right angled point.

I suggest you find yourself another caliper from a 500 or 550 as thats the easiest thing to do. They will set you back between up to 100$, depending on their condition.

not sure where you're located but i've got tons of calipers at my shop in the Netherlands. You can have one for free if you want. shipping costs are yours though.

That's the plan, I don't want to use this caliper for that reason. I am about to pick up a 750 caliper and bracket to work with the 750 rotor I have now this weekend. I'm pretty sure they bolt up the same way?

That's extremely generous of you, haven't met someone willing to help out like that in a long time. If this falls through, I may take you up on that offer, I'm in Canada. Shipping costs would be no issue at all if I end up needing one.

Back
Top Bottom