What keeps you motivated?

Had to push the button with my nose....see how motivated it makes you....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 171
My motivation is to finish before my first born arrives this summer. Baby girl is going to dry out parts fund.

HerrDeacon said:
I will say though, that like everything else in life, motivation will ebb and flow, its only natural. I think its important to have other interests outside of motorcycles, helps to keep you balanced and you can find motivation and inspiration everywhere not just bikes.

Or you could just whack your thumb like Desmo does :)

I whole heartedly agree. I love my wife, my family and my job. They all rightfully take a real bite outta my week though. ;) Often it's my desire to spend time with my friends (you guys), riding and hangin' around at events, that motivates me to get off my butt and get things done. :D

Or, I could just whack my thumb...

:D

DesmoBro said:
Ok whos makin the T shirts?

.....Just Whack It.....

I have a feeling this could be interpreted several ways...

I'll take 2!! ;) ;D

Motivation is always there....finding the time for it is the tricky part for me. Full time careers, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 horses and life as it happens leaves me only couple hours a week or even 30 minutes of garage time.

I'd rather have my first build something to be proud of and not think of all the "little things" that need to be done. Why not take the time to get those done and the satisfaction, enjoyment of something you spent so long creating and putting a vision into form.

It may not be the coolest bike, not everyone will like it.

But it's yours. All that matters.

Hopefully I will be super motivated and get some shit done tomorrow. I have the whole day off to tinker

Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube videos are good. Look up (insert your bike here) on youtube. Seeing other examples that are completed, hearing them run, seeing someone driving the bike that you're working on (hero cam videos are great!) is a good motivator. Visual and audio stimulation make me want my own to be on the road.

I like going on Instagram and view tags of the bike your building. I subscribe to #xs650 #cb400 for example. Excellent thread. Always wondered how everyone keeps motivated on a project.

jdizon said:
I like going on Instagram and view tags of the bike your building. I subscribe to #xs650 #cb400 for example. Excellent thread. Always wondered how everyone keeps motivated on a project.

Yeah man me also, that's why I had to ask! It seems like most people just like to see other people be motivated, and it will motivate yourself lol(if that makes sense).

Joey

Motivation comes frome when people take a look at my draw, or see the build coming up and tells me what they think :)

I always have friends in my shop building bikes so that keeps me pretty motivated. But lately I've been low on bike funds and it makes motivations really hard to come by. I walk by my bikes and make mental lists of what I need and how expensive it is and then walk away dejected haha.

Here's another one:

To get BOTM and be featured on the site banner ;)

Well I am always wanting to get to the bike, but like everybody else, I have time and no money, money and no time, or other shit needs fixing blah blah and my wife likes me better when I have had garage time on the bikes but hates every minute I spend in there if she is home. I take the time when it presents itself, snatch an hour here 15 mins there. Try to pick a part or system I can complete in the time I have. I had my GL on the table all winter long and barely found the time between fixing cars and honey do's and house repairs/renovations to get the crash bars off but last weekend I got 5 hours alone in the shop with a radio, beers and no one home. I got the heads stripped, cleaned, new gaskets seals etc installed, torqued and all that is left is the rad and some fluids. It was bliss except I had the worst head and chest cold I have had in years. I would be riding the bike now if not for that. Spending hours of my day on here also keeps me motivated LOL.

But lately I've been low on bike funds and it makes motivations really hard to come by. I walk by my bikes and make mental lists of what I need and how expensive it is and then walk away dejected haha.

Ooooh yes. I know all about that too. That problem becomes much worse the more bikes you own, for some reason. :eek:
This is when I crack open a beverage, stare at the motorcycle, and try to scheme up ways to makes some money.

Yep. I've got 6 or 7 in the shop at the moment all needing things except 1 that I ride. It's daunting haha

SONIC. said:
Yep. I've got 6 or 7 in the shop at the moment all needing things except 1 that I ride. It's daunting haha

It sucks to have to pick between which one gets what parts from the small $$ you have. I like to try and have only one project in full swing at a time so it gets all the attention until completed or to a certain stage, then move the next one in. It is really hard though with ADD etc. LOL

Yeah tell me about it.
I have my big project (SR) that needs a lot of stuff and I have my xs650 that just needs little stuff to be a good reliable bike this summer, so instead of building the SR I'm doing little piddly stuff on the XS. It blows but its not spending a bunch of money I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom