STUNT BIKE - CB360

Here is the headlight that I used. I had not seen one before on a bike, but recently I have seen it on a few threads. :mad:

006.jpg

Sonreir said:
Looking good, man! I must say I am quite partial to your color choices!

You suck.
I have been working on this for a year and you have your bike come out at the same time with a red frame, same light and a white tank and seat!
Good thing your speedo face that you made for me came out so well.

To be honest, it's gonna be my bike looking like a cheap knock-off next to yours. I put almost all my time, effort, and money into the engine. That, and this being my first build and experience with body work has led to a less-than-perfect finish.

I'm actually wishing I used your speedo design on my own bike as well.... HA!

JRK5892 said:
ahh sorry man! i though i read your frame was powdered so i figured the same on your swing arm... on your kick starter you thought of cutting it and just shorten it up

I am hoping that I am just doing something wrong. It is also getting stuck under the loop for the pass peg mount, and that can't be right.

I have only tried to start it one day, then I found out the petcock is leaking really bad so I am waiting on the rebuild kit to come in. (it did start on the 10th kick - but the first eight kicks I was so excited that I had forgotten to turn the key on).

One thing that just came to mind - I did use the CL kick starter because it had less rust. I didn't look at it yet, but could it be longer or different in some other way?

Same part numbers for the CL and CB kick, so that's probably not an issue.

For what it's worth, my own kick start only folds in after it is in the up position. It's not really designed that way, per se, it's just a function of my foot being in the way. When I kick and then lift my foot off, the kick start lever retracts fast enough to keep the rubber part in contact with the bottom of my foot until it has returned to the upright position. Possibly a weak return spring inside the case?

on mine i made is so my rear set flips UP and out of the way for the kick starter... works great and allow you to keep the full throw, i can see about snagging some pics for you if you nee dthem

Swagger said:
I've got a set of Cerani headlight ears just like those but half the length.
I'll trade you....just gotta dig'm up.
PM if you're interested...

Let me know if you find them.

Sonreir said:
Same part numbers for the CL and CB kick, so that's probably not an issue.

For what it's worth, my own kick start only folds in after it is in the up position. It's not really designed that way, per se, it's just a function of my foot being in the way. When I kick and then lift my foot off, the kick start lever retracts fast enough to keep the rubber part in contact with the bottom of my foot until it has returned to the upright position. Possibly a weak return spring inside the case?

thanks for the help. I will try the other lever and see if it is the spring.

I sucks that I was not able to get a title for the other bike, but it sure is nice to have a second bike sitting in the garage. It really helped with putting it together and getting the wiring back together.

Those look like bridge stone spitfires! How are you going to shield those v stacks from that rear wheel debriey ?

They are Kenda Challenger (K657)tires
100/90H-18 front and 120/90H-18 rear.

I plan to make a rear inner fender. Either out of the stock metal fender or out of fiberglass/carbon fiber.

I put an all ballz bearing kit in the headstock, not as hard as I thought it would be.

I got stainless steel screw kit on ebay for the motor and carbs. Very nice for the money as they come polished. I used anti-sieze on all of them.

I got a new chain for it that has to go on as well as a LED tail light.

Here is the pic of the tank from the painter. Very happy on how it came out. Like I said, I really wanted to paint this myself, but I don't have anywhere to do it right now. Next bike.

TANK%252520PAINT.jpg

Not sure if I need something on the side of the tail. I was thinking of putting a number on it.My race number for 11 years was 322. I was also thinking of just a single digit. Now that I have it painted, I may just leave it bare. Less is more kinda thing.

001.jpg

you have a very talented paint guy.

I think the back looks a little empty. a number might not be such a bad thing. just my $0.02

Back
Top Bottom