Riding in December...WTF???

trek97

No Custom Title
DTT BOTM WINNER
Post your winter ride shots.

67 degrees here in central Illinois, December 12.

Did 20 mile ride. Jacket open, no gloves or helmet. Got home and did another ride on the old ladys CM200.

11494-121215162734-173524.jpeg

11494-121215162734-1734580.jpeg

11494-121215162733-1714163.jpeg

I ride year round anyhow, but 77 in December beats the hell out of 20's and 30's.

A long time ago I lived in Ireland for a while. My Norton was my only transport. It got rode in sunshine (rare in Ireland), rain (plenty of that),sleet and snow (winter only). It was ride or stay home.

J-Rod10 said:
I ride year round anyhow, but 77 in December beats the hell out of 20's and 30's.

Between ice, snow, wind and heavily salted roads. Not much riding gets done here twixed Dec-March, just saying this weather is not typical. That I know of, no salt has been dropped yet this year at all.

And Im enjoying it. :)

trek97 said:
Between ice, snow, wind and heavily salted roads. Not much riding gets done here twixed Dec-March, just saying this weather is not typical. That I know of, no salt has been dropped yet this year at all.

And Im enjoying it. :)
As you should be! I don't think I could live up North.

I don't have a pic but I just got back from Mr. E's house. Beautiful weather. I actually had to take the lining out of my jacket yesterday because I was sweating.

end of line

Last year here in central Ohio I rode a snowmobile one day and a motorcycle the next. We always say if you don't like the weather here, wait 5 mins. As far as this year.... if I had one of them running, I'd be riding it haha

XS is unhappy today. Rolled on on to the loading dock as soon as I pulled up, and ran and grabbed the truck.

20151213_144829_zps5yq8y73v.jpg

I understand what you're saying, but when you live this far south, winter is the worst two weeks of the year :p
We ride all year long ;)

Redbird said:
I understand what you're saying, but when you live this far south, winter is the worst two weeks of the year :p
We ride all year long ;)

The #1 reason I plan to flee this state once I retire. :p

J-Rod10 said:
Rode to the shop this a.m. A nice, brisk 33°.

I'm not that tough. Ha too chilly for me. i rode home from coffee shop, 10 miles at 42 degrees and drizzling rain. So now that's my bottom line. Brrr.

Another day in the mid to upper 70's... except I took everything apart for winter building. That's what I get for expecting winter in Augusta, GA.

deviant said:
Another day in the mid to upper 70's... except I took everything apart for winter building. That's what I get for expecting winter in Augusta, GA.

It's 65° here in Dawsonville in north Ga. today, sunny and cloudless, expected high of 69°. This is one of the main reasons I still in Ga. Manageable weather.
Augusta is only expecting a high of 74°, not upper 70's. We don't need to exaggerate, our real temps are enough to piss off the rest of the country that's already freezing. 8)

rusche said:
Pansies! 34 degrees last Sunday. Now its dumping snow.

Pansy? Why yes and proud of it.
Bout this same time a couple years ago it was -25 below zero w A-hole deep snow & 40mph winds.

Much prefer riding the bike over plowing the drive.

My brother Mitch is flying out from Cali for Xmas. He may get to ride the Piglet on Christmas day!
Forecasting 54 and partly sunny, right now.
Fingers crossed, New years day is looking good too. 42 & sunny. 8)

11494-180715201538-14041374.jpeg

We get our share of snow and cold but you can also golf and ride 12 months of the year in Denver.

People ride all year here but the crap they put on the road when it gets near to freezing fucks with the finish on your bike, otherwise, I would ride all year too.

Christmas Eve, 73°. Had to roll the gal out of the shop and take her for a little spin.
20151224_133952_zpstr9tmnyi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom