indian scout- thoughts?

runmikeyrun

Been Around the Block
I bought a Yamaha Bolt last summer from an Indian dealer. I didn't know about the Scout until I walked in and saw it. I really like the looks of it, and the specs aren't bad either- liquid cooled and 100 hp. I really like the lines too. They're opening an Indian dealer about 2 miles from my house and I'm afraid of what might happen... especially if they get any gently used ones over the summer... though I'd have to sell my Bolt to make room in the garage, something I really don't want to do. But damn do they look good...

Attachments

• 2015-12-16.png
    2015-12-16.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 186
^78hp/65ft lbs is nothing to sneeze at on a 550lb cruiser either. Too bad they are both built by Polaris, a company that I will never reccommend.

P.olaris
O.wners
L.earn
A.bout
R.eliability
I.ssues
S.oon

And the next thing they learn about is the warranty dept.

Polaris has reliability issues. Do your own research.

Google Polaris Sucks then Google Polaris is Awesome. Report results.

My brother works as a service writer in a multi line dealership that sells Polaris. He works with the Polaris warranty dept every single day.

I don't know. I think the reliability won't be an issue. Indian's warranty is great and according to the Indian Rep I spoke with at demo days, there hasn't been a single recall or warranty issue since these bikes started shipping. They were so confident out of the gates, that they offered 5 year warranties on all the first model year bikes. Compare that to Harley, which seems to have a new recall every month. On top of that, all the Indian parts are sourced in the good old US of A. Brakes made locally in Wisconsin. All chrome done in New Berlin, Wisconsin- about 5 miles from my house. Assembled in Minnesota. The shitty chrome on my 2009 Harley XR1200 bike is tarnished and rusting already- even though its a garage queen with 3000 miles on it. That's because its from Mexico.

I guarantee that if you look at an Indian and a Harley side by side, you will see that the craftsmanship on the Indians are far superior to Harley's. I don't own a Star Bolt, so I cannot comment on that but I have heard those are nice bikes too. If I didn't already own too many bikes, I would purchase an Indian Chief Dark Horse- that is one badass bike. I have ridden one and they are solid, smooth, super powerful, and beautiful bikes. I also test drove 3 different Indian Scouts and they are great bikes too.

All manufacturers have problems, some more than others. I have an 05 Victory Hammer with 107000mi and my wife has an 04 Victory Vegas with 65000mi. Neither one has been inside a dealer for service since purchase. Know a few others with 100k or close to it with no major issues, just normal maintainence.

Back
Top Bottom