exhaust wrap question..

-Max-

Hey guys. I plan on wrapping my CL pipes on my Cb175 and was wondering if anyone could tell me how many feet of thermal wrap thy used. Seems like 50ft should do the job, but im not sure. thanks for any help
-Max

I would say 50 ft should be enough. I used around 75 ft for my four cylinder KZ so 50 should be good for two pipes. Also, it depends on how close you wrap each turn and how far you go on the pipe though.

and if you use 1 or 2 inch wrap.I have some cl pipes and a 50 foot roll of wrap I can tell you this weekend if thats enough just pm me to remind me

Yes, 50 feet of 1 inch wrap will be more than enough. Just remember to wear some leather-ish gloves, soak the wrap in water for about 5 minutes, and start from the rear of the exhaust. Are you getting natural colored wrap and/or painting it?

Big R said:
Yes, 50 feet of 1 inch wrap will be more than enough. Just remember to wear some leather-ish gloves, soak the wrap in water for about 5 minutes, and start from the rear of the exhaust. Are you getting natural colored wrap and/or painting it?
100% on those glove, fiberglass splinters are no fun. I plan going natural color. Thanks for all the help guys

keep the tape tight all the way through. wrap each turn so that half of it is on, half of it is off.

Carefull,,wrapping is to make hp(racing),and not to protect from bugs ;D its not uncommon for vintage lumps to crack pipes as a result of installing heat wrap...6 yrs same hand built pipes and they failed(cracked) at the end of the season,,,just down stream of the heat wrap.If you use stock head pipes I think you might have better luck as they are usually double walled....heat wrap looks cool........you don't need it

Not disagreeing with you Todd, but CL pipes get stupid hot even with the heat shield installed. I've said it before, I don't expect H.P. gains from wrapping pipes. I do expect to not burn myself though.

Big R said:
Not disagreeing with you Todd, but CL pipes get stupid hot even with the heat shield installed. I've said it before, I don't expect H.P. gains from wrapping pipes. I do expect to not burn myself though.
My thoughts exactly. Pipes sit real close to my legs

big r I have 2 road racing lumps...the lesser(p1)I have been riding for over 7yrs''''''have to ride it bowl legged///////hand built high pipes,,,,,,,both sides

Like I said, I'm not arguing about if they crack. I just don't want to ride bow-legged!

Sorry if that came out as shitty earlier Todd

Back
Top Bottom