Katana 600/750 triple tree questions

scott s

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I have a 2000 GSX750F (Katana in the US) donor bike for my hybrid project. I want to use the entire front end. The -F top triple is fugly as hell and full of holes. Mine is slightly warped on one side from a crash at some point, too.

No problem...the Bandit 600 uses 41mm forks. I'll just pick up a Bandit triple. Except that the Bandit 600 triple is slightly wider than the GSX. I can make a new fender bracket/fork brace, but the GSX axle will be too short. Bandit axles are cheap, but they thread into the fork lower. The GSX uses a nut on the end of the axle. Dang it.

What options do I have for fitting a top bridge that will accept forks? At this point, it would probably be best to keep the GSX lower triple and correct fork/axle spacing. Does anyone have a solution for a cleaner top triple that doesn't include high buck CNC stuff?

It looks like the GSX 600 version of the same years (98-06) uses the same lower triple and has a nice clean top bridge that can be drilled for risers.

But, when I look at parts fiche, it shows a K3 model and a Model W/X/Y/K1/K2 for both the 600 and the 750. It lists a different upper and lower triple part number for both. What's the difference and how do I determine what lower triple I have?

Ugly, damaged Katana triple and Bandit 600 triple. I can at least use the risers from the Bandit.

Katana spacing

Bandit 600 spacing

GSX600/Katana 600 top triple. I don't have this yet. It would be easy to drill for risers, but I'm confused as to why Suzuki lists two part numbers for the lower triple AND upper triple for these years?

Looks like the bearing style is the difference and the top triple *shouldn't * affect that.
I'm 99% sure the Katana 600 top will work.

Back
Top Bottom