'81 CB750KZ Brat

Wow. Really great looking bike. Super clean.

Good call on the black seat. Really brought the whole thing together.

here is some fine fab design
s-l1600.jpg
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Custom-Built-Motorcycles-Bobber-/172112672552?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=VgkX2J5MDtqfX4DI%252FRz2uGsIYBc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

So, it has been quite some time now. I kinda forgot about this topic, but I hate to read unfinished topics.
I finished and sold the bike over a year ago.

I learned a lot in this project, specifically about the use of pods. I literally tested the crap out of them, tried different ways of using them (even tape..), made a 4 in 1 filter myself, and can say myself that:

EL CHEAPO EMGO SHIT PODS DO NOT WORK ON THIS BIKE

They are not constructed for Honda CV carbs. Buy the K&N filters made for this bike, and it will run OK. With a bit of finetuning jetting you can make these work fine.

I think I used 140/150 main jet and stationary jet was standard something like 68.

Some final pics with different pods used.

43085322324_7f57bcf3ee_k.jpg

29932026238_952067f7eb_k.jpg

28865894947_578fe187d7_k.jpg

Love me a great looking CB750K - really nice work man, really clean looking bike. Since you've sold it are you working on anything else?

Couple of questions - what paint did you use on the brake callipers - did it hold up to brake fluid spills? (Mine didn't! I used brake caliper paint - cured in an oven, but either I messed something up or, well, I messed something up...)

How did you make the support for the engine when you painted it? I've tried manhandling one of those engines before and man, it damn near broke my back!

Once again, great looking ride man. Don't suppose you still have any of those F parts knocking around do you? I'm working on an '82 F now and could use a bolt or two...

Back
Top Bottom