Carburetor options on my CL360?

Fox

I've still got those patches...
Hey All,

I've started the process of getting my CL360 starting/running with my carburetors. From what I have learned, they are the most common issue to non-starting bikes besides plugs and ignition points. From what I can tell, I currently have stock carbs running to some sort of pod-ish air filter. You can see pictures of both below.

I want to put pods or stacks on, depending on how it all looks later on. My motivation is aesthetics over power. I can't say I don't care about power and having a fast bike would be really fun, but I'm not in any way going for it. My question arises in what to do going forward.

The options I can think of are...
1. Keep the stock carbs and put pods/stacks on them. It won't run well, and tuning will be a total bitch forever and ever.
2. Buy Mikuni VM30's from somewhere and put some pods on them.
3. Buy the Mikuni VM30 Kit from DCC and be over and done with it, and, in doing so, drop $350 bucks (AKA- a lot of money)

What are your thoughts? Would love to hear from some of you who have put pods on before and how you made it work. No advice is bad advice in my book, just toss an idea out.

IMG_1215-1.jpg

IMG_1216-1.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

I use the stock carbs, but, I know how to modify them.
If you don't need bike for a few weeks you can mail them to me
I do modifications to make them work with pods

Back
Top Bottom