Beachcomber's TR1 - now "Cafe-Creme" Boardtracker 'ish

Timely update ................. I really thought this one was well and truly back burnered [ MY Boardtracker ], but there's been some good progress [ relative ! ] in the past 4 months and The Flat Tracker and Vindicator are marching on with most parts bought / sourced / donated by pals.

AC has a new mechanic / fabricator starting at the end of the month - so the Spirit of Brooklands Cafe Racer will be back oon the boil.

In turn that means I can get odd bits fab'd / made for my own stuff.

What really stirred this up, was spotting an old 1920 French motorcycle - which has "Boardtracker donor" written all over it.

I'll say no more until the Donor is mine / or not !

Sadly .....or not !! :'(

However, now I DO know what I'm looking for !

Has this got Boardtracker potential written all over it or not ?

Erskine said:
Wow, now that is pretty damn cool TJ

Hi Erskine - yes it's spot on IMO. I have a pal with good connections in France who's on the look out for me. This one eventually went for £510, well above my meagre budget - but worth it in reality as everything is already basically there. Looking at a smal Virago V Twin engine for the project - probably a 250.

Well clouds / silver lining etc. ! ;)

A French pal of mine [ well into bikes and cars] has a friend who has TWO Motobecanes same as the one I went after. He MIGHT be willing to sell one as a rolling chassis - he wants to keep the motor for a spare - suits me. Fingers crossed. 8)

I'm off to look at a Royal Enfield 250cc Clipper early next week - it's ridiculously cheap - from a friend "who owes me". It's probably 90% there [ all the essentials anyway ] although stripped into big lumps. That would be the power unit sorted - and worse case scenario - the rolling chassis could be modded to look like the Motobecane !

Back
Top Bottom