357 kaw triple special

two-smoker said:
Bryantr, that is in no way an FZR frame. FZRs- both 600 and 400- have beam-type frames, the difference is steel versus aluminum, but you'd have to be an expert to see the differee at a glance. That loks like the original frame with FZR suspension and wheels. And the 660 you refer to is an Early YZF600 motor with an FZR600 crank, not a YZF topend on an FZR.

I know what an FZR is. I'm sitting next to one. I was referring to someone suggesting to swap his engine to the FZR frame.

You can build a 660 the way you mentioned if you get a crank seal from some European engine that I cant remember the name of, or FZR cases trans and crank with a 4mm base gasket YZF jugs pistons head carbs. Or so I've read.

Yeah, been a while since I read the first page.... Lol. But saying an FZR frame is a waste of time kind of threw me off. Yeah, the frame is steel, but it's light years beyond the original. Probably lighter, too. But I have a strange perspective. And the 660 is something I've done the way I said. My implying there wasn't another way to do it is just my getting old and stubborn talking.

No worries. The way you did it is definitely the easiest way (the other way you have to fab motor mounts, dissect the wiring harness, and possibly modify the air box can't remember.)

Sorry for the thread jack.

The stance of your bike reminds me of Mouths 750/500. It handles great in the twisties! ;)

DSC08462.jpg

DSCN1619.jpg

bryantr said:
Sorry for the thread jack.

no problem..comments welcomed..this is basically a low $ build, hope to be under $2k when done. not including parts I currently had.. as of now im under $200,

going for modernized classic custom ..

as of today fitting rearsets up from the fzr

Back
Top Bottom