was a rupp roadster, now i dont know what to call it

Re: Rupp Roadster. I think I'm to big for this

hurco550 said:
ha, we will need a "slow group", especially in the mountains. Hopefully the cops would turn a lot of blind eyes as far as that goes

Ride in the center of the pack, make no eye contact..... ;)

MotorbikeBruno said:

Yup, and to make sure you aren't noticed dress up as a "Creepy Clown" and equip the bike w/ a loud ah-ooh-gah horn.

Went to Glenn's surplus today and picked up a rotor, extra set of pads, master cylinder, caliper and line. $50 bucks for the whole deal. They are from a Baja pit bike of sorts.
bef08908902beda92b3f6329f62ce142.jpg

Gonna have to machine up an adapter mount for the rotor.
d3f109934741246db5a1cf880addde0a.jpg

Darn, when I saw those rotors in your earlier picture I noted they had four holes I was hoping they'd line up w/ the holes in the wheels and make the mounting simple for you. At least you have the ability to design and make a pretty simple mount. What you got looks great. I can't tell you the number of times I've looked at those various bits n pieces over at Glen's and thought there ought to be something great to hang 'em on.

MotorbikeBruno said:

ridesolo said:

Yup, and to make sure you aren't noticed dress up as a "Creepy Clown" and equip the bike w/ a loud ah-ooh-gah horn.
So much good advice. Thanks guys ;)

30fe073d0419febef6002d14483d94f1.jpg

afcb5f8dc38e663056c11818201d58a3.jpg

Well, with the caliper and rotor on hand I was able to finalize the mount setup. That's about the last of the design work before it gets sent off for water jet cutting... If all goes well I'll have some parts by next week ;)

Rad. Is this what you're putting that front end from Barber swap meet on?

advCo said:
Rad. Is this what you're putting that front end from Barber swap meet on?

haha, nope... that's yet another project. The snowmobile bobber one

Just had a convo with a student's dad that has built Formula SAE cars. He took over ownership of the Ninja 600 powered car he and students built while at Virginia Tech. He did some mods over what they did in '91, one of which included gutting the Ninja tranny down to one gear and running that to a snowmobile CVT. Food for thought...

I've quit drawing, finalized everything for the last time, and sending it to dad to have it cut. Not sure on turn around time as he is busy right now.
59f07eba4081a737676df9f82906dacd.jpg

How have I missed this little beast!

Still going 6.5hp motor?

Green199 said:
How have I missed this little beast!

Still going 6.5hp motor?

That's the plan at this point. I had a little mini bike (a few pages back) with one in it, and it has plenty of "go" haha

They are so dirt cheap. Just over $100 for a brand new motor out of the box. Cant complain about that much

hurco550 said:
That's the plan at this point. I had a little mini bike (a few pages back) with one in it, and it has plenty of "go" haha

They are so dirt cheap. Just over $100 for a brand new motor out of the box. Cant complain about that much

Predator engine then? Is there off the shelf clutches and stuff that fit up easily? I'd love to make something but limited by time currently (kids and stuff..ha)

MotorbikeBruno said:
Predator engine then? Is there off the shelf clutches and stuff that fit up easily? I'd love to make something but limited by time currently (kids and stuff..ha)

yeah, anything that is made for a 3/4" straight shaft. I had a centrifugal clutch on the mini bike, but this one will have a cvt setup similar to whats on a snowmobile
8b6558a5d489162267d093b3a0f0f1e7.jpg

ee320884680b60727ce4af2167039eca.jpg

Your making me want to do this in the most real way. It's coming along nicely sir, great job. Now tell your Dad to hurry up

Sent from my phone at a place via an app

advCo said:
Run it with the wood frame. You won't!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
Nope lol I won't. I sat on it during mockup and it made some pretty nasty cracking sounds. A wood framed mini bike would be pretty sweet though

hurco550 said:
Nope lol I won't. I sat on it during mockup and it made some pretty nasty cracking sounds. A wood framed mini bike would be pretty sweet though

Well don't make it out of balsa wood. We could make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom