Looking for a early 80's clutch cover w/ tach. drive gear: XL125R,etc.

grcamna5

Over 1,000 Posts
I've got a 1981' Honda CB125S USA model that I'll be installing a fully rebuilt high performance engine into.I like that the 1st generation CB125S models came stock with the tachometer and I want to install a factory Honda cable drive tachometer from one of the old style CB125S that I have.I imagine some of you know that the later style CB125S w/ the 2-piece cylinder head never did have a factory tachometer which I miss.
I want to hook-up a drive gear for the factory cable operated tach. The clutch covers for all the USA models never did have the tach. drive gear castings drilled/machined out to install that gear/oil seal and cable hold-down screw.

I'm asking if any Euro/Aus./New Zealand/Brazil,etc. non-USA models of Honda singles(street,dirt or enduro bike is ok) w/ the 125 engine w/ the 2-piece cylinder head had a tachometer drive gear were ever made by Honda and what models that they came on from the factory ?
I've been looking online and the images I have seen that are close are the CB125X from Italy/Europe,the NX125 and the GL145 from New Zealand from the early 1980's.
The model I think has what I want is the 1982' XL125R
Any non-USA models that you know about where i may be able to find a clutch side engine cover that will also have a factory Honda tachometer drive?
Any helpful ideas on locating one of these Honda factory clutch covers in another country by model i.d.,etc. will be much appreciated. ;)

Re: Looking for a clutch cover w/ decompressor & tach. drive gear XR185/200 overseas

bump
I think the 1982' XL125R Europe/overseas model clutch cover will have what i want as it looks(from what I can tell of my limited views online)to me.I believe that model/year bike has the tachometer drive gear inside the cover as i need.I notice that all the Honda 125's of that 81',82' etc. have the exact style as mine. Do any of you have a clutch cover for an 82' XL125R ?

Back
Top Bottom