Cb250rs cafe

Aussiedrew said:
Hey mate. Very very good job! The bike looks great. But are you going to put the side covers back on? I notice you've left the tabs on the frame and tank. At the moment it looks a little cluttered under there with the battery box sitting out in the open.

I've done one up as a cafe racer myself and keep in mind that since these are kick start (unless you have the very rare CB250RS-D) you can get away with a very very small battery (or no battery at all if you choose). I'm using a 1.2ma one from SuperCheap which cost $30 and it's been working a treat for a year now. Very easy to hide as well.

Also if you decide the upgrade the carby, these run very well on both a VM32 or TM33. I have the TM33 on mine and it really turns it into a weapon. I've topped it out at 155km/h on the flat indicated by GPS, although I also have a high compression piston.

I'll be following this build! These bikes are legendary.

Hey cheers mate, No plans to put side covers on, 1 it never came with any, 2 there like hens teeth to find a good set (especially the right 1 ?) I know I could have hidden the electrics and downsized the batt but I like the mount :D I just wanted to be different and not have a empty hole in the middle ;D

Thanks for the tips on the carby upgrades, I just want to get her on the road for now since this project has taken soooo long ::) ;D

Show us ya bike, the little RS's are becoming quite popular :)

Hi all, Well after 10 years I have finally bought an exhaust and fitted it today lol. It sounds awesome and I gave the bike a run which felt great :) Cycleworks NZ is where I picked it up from.
20200518_170349.jpg

Back
Top Bottom