1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project

Does anyone know of any vintage style narrow 15" tires out there????? all i can come up with seems to be 16"+ sizes.......

No help from me on the tires. :(
Dude, we're building the same bike! When I looked at the pic where you had cut off the tabs for the airbox I had one of those forehead slapping moments! Like "Shit, we've already painted the frame! Why didn't I think of that?" Anyway I like where you're going and I just wanted to say "Hey."
Also if you've got any spare bits you'd part with, let me know. I bought my bike way incomplete and I'm having to buy the bits that were missing as I go. Anyway, good luck, looks great so far, and I'll be watching from now on!

HAHAHA!! i know i was pretty excited when i saw your build on here!... looking forward to check out your progress. i have been lurking around on your thread since i saw it, funny thing i was just at a bike scrapyard checking out some old gas tanks similar to the ones you were interested in. i have a CB160 in the garage and threw the tank on the rebel for shits and gigs.... looks awesome! may need to find a similar one for the rebel project.

what parts were you after deviant??? i would be happy to help if i can! i dont have spares really but i do have some stuff i am deleting off of the bike. let me know.

Well rex most of the stuff I need is essential to the running of the bike. I've got lots of it covered thanks to the brotherhood here on do the ton. If you're not going to use your stock seat I'd be interested, but I'm still not sure whether or not we're going to go with a sprung solo seat.
Now go do some work! I'm dying for an update here!

1986 Honda Rebel. picked it up in peices for $200
Thought id throw this out there. I traded it for a 30gallon Craftsman air compressior and a slew of air tools, wrenches, screwdrivers, and workbench. I was going to hardtail it but i did put all of the electrics under the tank. there is a lot of space there. i was going to change more stuff but my girlfriend didnt want to ride it and i have 3 other projects so i think the trade was worth it. I also when with a 6in UNI foam filter (not pictured)
rebel001.jpg

thats cool, i was wondering what i was going to do with the electronics.... that should clean up the bike nicely. So today i went over to my parents house and picked up my welder as well as my chop saw so things should move along nicely from here on out......... next order of business is a custom battery tray and relocation.

so i finally got some work done!!!! ground off the 3 tabs for the old battery tray. made up a tray for the battery relocation out of 1/2" angle..... still need to mount it up and make a cover out of aluminum sheet for the batt, then drill the crap out of it!!! should look clean when it done. heres some pics :)

batterytray004.jpg

batterytray008.jpg

heres the finished battery tray.... looked pretty bland so i added some "speed holes".... ;)

batterytray.jpg

well i was thinking about going with the usual sprung solo seat, but i am not going with a hardtail and i think sprung seats with shocks is a bit redundant and cluttered looking. sooooooo to save some $$$ i wanted to see what i could do with the stock seat, so here is what i came up with. i wanted something smaller and thinner in profile and i think it will work with the look of the bike once all is said and done. still needs to be covered, but tell me what you think!

rebelseat002.jpg

rebelseat004.jpg

rebelseat008.jpg

rebelseat009.jpg

Very cool. I like the seat. Thats nice the og seat was able to be cut up and reused. I love moding og parts and make them look cool. I will be stealing your battery tray speed hole idea. Keep it up.

Deviant1 said:
I am so stealing that seat thing! Looks great dude!

the thing with this mod is that i had to cut the back of the seat pan off which has the bolts to hold the bracket for the p-pad..... and i have to figure out how to mount it ( prob. just a couple of bolts from underneath ) soooooo no two up riding unless you fab up a bracket, not a big deal, just something to consider.

That's even better for my build! We'll be running a hugger rear fender made out of a front fender and will have only solo riding capability anyway!

well did a little more work today! got the battery tray welded to the frame...... i was second guessing my welds and the strength of my brackets so i stood on the thing after it was welded up, and it passed the test! good enough for me :) might use the stock rear fender and smooth it out, but it might be too big. we will see......

DSC02671.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

Hmmm...If you're dead-set on the stock rear fender, I'd cut it down at the front and bring the back line of the fender somewhere close to Twelve o'clock. That would look pretty sick. Oh, shit, I forgot you're remounting the pillion... never mind. :)

Back
Top Bottom