KZ650 Street Fighter

teazer said:
What did you have to machine on the stem to fit those forks? It almost looks in that photo as if the bottom retaining collar was machined off, but that wouldn't work so I'm not sure how it was modified to fit the KZ frame. Care to share?

All you have to do is machine a bushing to go over the kz stem that fits the ZX6R triple tree and weld it on. Here are some pics to help ya along with the idea.

kz stem out.
PICT0104_zps0edcb806.jpg

Bushing made
PICT0108_zpsbe7d81cc.jpg

Welded on
PICT0115_zps716abf9d.jpg

And then press into the zx trees.
PICT0124_zpsc80156f6.jpg

Any more questions just ask!

Picked up a set of carbs today, along with pistons and jugs. Kinda happy about the carbs, as they are getting hard to find!

KGrHqRHJDME63ZMVcgsBO1rCiWvg60_12_zps2dccecc3.jpg

Getting the last part of the frame done today, then it's time to reassemble.

Tifun said:
Have you decided what route you are going with for the engine now? 650/750?

Will def be 750, unless the jugs I just bought are not as described, then it will be 810.

DNel928 said:
Picked up a set of carbs today, along with pistons and jugs. Kinda happy about the carbs, as they are getting hard to find!

KGrHqRHJDME63ZMVcgsBO1rCiWvg60_12_zps2dccecc3.jpg

Getting the last part of the frame done today, then it's time to reassemble.

Give those carbs a good soak in "Pine-Sol"... They will come out like new

Took the carbs apart today, let them soak, and media blasted them. Ready for rebuild! Also dropped off the jugs to get honed, and ordered all the goodies to get the motor back together.

Dirty
DSC_1857_zps17fdea85.jpg

After soaking
DSC_1876_zpsd7885917.jpg

And blasted :)
DSC_1882_zpsd7ab2c24.jpg

Well engine reassembly has begun, also got the frame back from the welder. It's all down hill from here!

Had to yank the studs out to get the gasket off around them. The gaskets were as hard as rock and I swear fused to the case. Thank god I learned of a 3M roloc bristle disk, cleaned it up in no time.
DSC_2525_zpseee5bee8.jpg

The only bad part is the dust and dirt in the crankcase, any ideas on how to flush this stuff out???
DSC_2526_zpsda13f496.jpg

Nice fresh hone ;)
DSC_2528_zps7bde5931.jpg

And a few goodies from Z1 to reassemble.
DSC_2531_zps4c451d09.jpg

What a great build so far, looking forward on seeing how it turns out. Are you planing on using the stock tank?

Back
Top Bottom