** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

div_mo11.jpg

Yeah......wow......lovely.

gotta find me an old bevel twin now.....just waht I need...another bike!

I guess it's about time I posted in here :)

Before:

motor1.jpg

Teaser of after (I'll post full pics after the Toronto Bike show this weekend):

4268129830_e58a18e13b.jpg

Here is my work in progress. Not a great picture but I wanted to post something as soon as I finished since I've gotten so much help, inspiration and ideas from everyone on this board.

4275628138_2e76256263_b.jpg

Finally 'after' enough to put some piucs in this thread ;D Inital cost of the bike was $425AUD total cost so far around $900AUD

At the moment of completed stage 2 of the build, stage 3 is tank and seat paint, mod the front guard and make a proper battery hold down/aluminium battery box and then she is done.

Before (Duh!!!)
IMG_1040.sized.jpg

After
IMG_2146.sized.jpg

IMG_2155.sized.jpg

IMG_2151.sized.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Awesome job. Gotta say that I'm jealous given that my CX is still sitting. Is your battery strapped in yet? I mounted mine where the crossover/H-box used to be.

GoBears0305 said:
Awesome job. Gotta say that I'm jealous given that my CX is still sitting. Is your battery strapped in yet? I mounted mine where the crossover/H-box used to be.

Kind of, I'm using a bungee cord but I think I'll make a plate with small tabs on either end to wrap around the battery and use a leather starp to hold it in.

Cheers
Steve

Had to do it ! Plus one on the CX500 , who says you can't polish a turd!

Attachments

• fresh2020.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,200
  • sexy outside.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,271
  • I wet myself.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 1,299
78whiteorbs said:
Had to do it ! Plus one on the CX500 , who says you can't polish a turd!

Myth Busters " CONFIRMED " it is possible to polish a turd....not all turds, but certain turds ;D

love the front end! not sure i am digging the miss matched wheels, or the seat though man... what was involved in getting that fornt end to wrok

The back wheel is painted black now, you don't even notice that it doesn't match the front. The seat isn't the prettiest, but the girls who have sat on it so far like it :)

The front is a '99 Kawi ZX7. It's not too bad to fit, just a little bit of work from a machine shop. The Kawi neck stem is really thick, almost big enough to fit the XS neck stem into. The shop cut it off at the lower triple and did a little machining on the inside of it and to the XS neck stem that was removed from the XS triple and then press fit them together. A couple of tack welds to the bottom for safety and it's ready to go.

This is a '72 Honda XL250 that a friend just gave me. Said, do something to it, have fun..so I did.

Here's the "before" shot

XL250-startingpoint-1.jpg

And here's a couple "after" shots. I made it into a retro motard with a Honda CB500 front end, CR250 rear shocks, an Airtech Matchless tail section that 's been heavily modified, bored out to a 300, cam, louder than sh-t home-made exhaust. The frame has been smoothed and molded A total blast to ride around town. I did all the work, including the paint.

XL250-done.jpg

XL250-rightsidefull.jpg

man that is so sick!!! awesome AWESOME work!!!! Love the powder on the cases! Please tell me there is a build thread around for this sucker! do you still have that stock front rim or the brake cable for it? i would be intrested in that! just awesome! only thing that i do not love (ya i knwo got to be that guy) is the seat pad, but on the same note it does flow very well with the bike!

JRK5892 said:
man that is so sick!!! awesome AWESOME work!!!! Love the powder on the cases! Please tell me there is a build thread around for this sucker! do you still have that stock front rim or the brake cable for it? i would be intrested in that! just awesome! only thing that i do not love (ya i knwo got to be that guy) is the seat pad, but on the same note it does flow very well with the bike!

Thanks for the compliment. The seat is a love it or hate it kinda thing. I get both reactions. i wanted it to flow into the tail section. It's really soft, so you sink right down into it. I sold the front end to a guy who needed one for his XL, but thanks for asking. I'll dig out a couple of "during" shots for you before the evening's over. It was a hell of a lot of work, but worth the effort. The engine cases are actually painted. A lot of prep to get em that smooth. Here's a pic of the other side of the motor.

XL250-motor-left.jpg

Wow, very nice transformation nvr2old. Reallly unique looking ride. You can certainly see the hours and effort put into it. Must draw some attention when you're out on it.

HerrDeacon said:
Wow, very nice transformation nvr2old. Reallly unique looking ride. You can certainly see the hours and effort put into it. Must draw some attention when you're out on it.

Small children cover their ears, elderly people shake their fist at you as you go by, but isn't that half the fun ;D ? Actually (humbly) it does draw quite a bit of attention. Mostly asking.."what the heck is it...?" More often than not they're blown away when they find out. It really has been fun to ride.

Back
Top Bottom