** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

bradwsm said:
1981 yamaha IT175 (before pic not of my actual bike)

2008%5C09%5C15%5Cbikepics-1418677-200.jpg

4178520287_2272bb27a1.jpg

4476168658_07ef73dbe5.jpg

Holy Crap! That's beautiful. Very nice.

bradwsm said:

HOLY MOTHER OF TWO WHEELED MACHINES! THAT IS SO FUCKING SICK!
Way to go way outside the box on that tank! Who made it and from what? Did you design and make?
I have a throbbing boner for that bike!

Thanks all, I am like a proud first time dad, this was my first go at something like this and I am prety stoked! I am posting the build of the tank/bike in the smokers lounge.

So theres hundreds of beautiful bikes on here... The IT is pretty radical man! im digin it big time.
So Bones isnt exactly done, more like done for now, as im loosing the shop to go back on the road for work. so this is kinda a before and after/ before and for now type deal. k ill shut up heres the pics.
Before:
1ca38cec.jpg

16c4b45f.jpg

Afterish:
a12781c9.jpg

e3060f7a.jpg

Picked this '77 Suzuki GS750 up back in Dec. 09. Here are some before and afters. Not sure what you would classify it as....

As purchased:

dsc07106_ja0c.jpg

dsc07098_aac5.jpg

As of today:

P4032048.jpg

P4032044.jpg

P4032043.jpg

P4032041.jpg

Thanks! I tired to re-use the stock parts as much as possible. I wanted it to still look kinda stock but a bit "tougher". Kind of a pseudo fighter if you will.....heck I don't know :-\

nice bike, some drag bars? would look sweet. have you redone the tank?

Jay

modular said:
Thanks! I tired to re-use the stock parts as much as possible. I wanted it to still look kinda stock but a bit "tougher". Kind of a pseudo fighter if you will.....heck I don't know :-\

Unfortunately, an entrapped nerve in my elbow forbids bars any lower than the Daytona's I have on there now. Can't even use Superbike bars, I tried. Too much pressure on the right hand makes it go numb and tingly ::).

Tank is original...including the pre-existing dent.

cool, thinking of leaving my tank all original, dent rust and all. again, nice bike.

Jay

modular said:
Unfortunately, an entrapped nerve in my elbow forbids bars any lower than the Daytona's I have on there now. Can't even use Superbike bars, I tried. Too much pressure on the right hand makes it go numb and tingly ::).

Tank is original...including the pre-existing dent.

Don't mind me asking or anything, building a 81 of this atm,

How did you come up with that rear fender? If I may? Was it your own design?

;D If this is the potential my bike has, I'm all in.

Actually, all I did was cut the rear section even with the end of the original size of the seat then trimmed the seat to accept the stock rear tail section to meet up with the end of the trimmed frame. I did slightly re-shape the rear of the seat foam to meet up with the tail piece better. So, all the parts used were original, just re-used. If your bike is an '81 GS your tail section is completely different than mine.

1974 Triumph T140
duel disc brake conversion, sun alloy rims w/ss spokes, hyde fork brace. electronic ign, batt deleted(running cap)
051.jpg

052.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

This is how my CB450 Manx looked before the "Resto Mod".

IMG_0243.jpg

This is the same CB450 after many hours of blood and sweat. (Labor of love)

IMG_9320aa.jpg

This is my tribute to the iconic Norton Manx

IMG_9323aa.jpg

IMG_9316aa.jpg

IMG_9336aa.jpg

P1000434.jpg

IMG_9321aa.jpg

Johan, that is a gorgeous 450! Well done mate!
Quick question for you....how's the riding position with the rearsets on the passenger mount like that? I'm working on the same chassis at the moment and I'm bouncing back and forth between fabricatiing something or just taking the simpler (and very clean) route and mounting them back there. My worry is...I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam......

regardless.....fookin' A what a pretty bike you have!

Swagger,

I am 5'9 and the rear sets are fine with the clipon bars. With clubman bars you might be better off with the pegs a bit more forward.

Back
Top Bottom