** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

My Zed BEFORE

Zed1First.jpg

and AFTER

Zeds-Not-Dead1.jpg

Apologies to all your Zed Purists...

Brentscafe said:
Damn, Nice job on building the Virago!! I like it a lot

wow.. a virago.. i want to nominate this for bike of the month.. just to show.. it can be done and done well.

Hey Dutch.... how about some detail shots. I know you have lots of little goodies on there which can't be seen. Very nice rendition indeed.

dewjantim said:
Hey Dutch.... how about some detail shots. I know you have lots of little goodies on there which can't be seen. Very nice rendition indeed.

If you mean on the Duc, then I have loads more pics and info, esp on the rearsets & hangers HERE and more on the lights, clocks, indies and underseat lithium ion battery HERE and HERE

e.g...

Duc-RS-%C2%BE-rear.jpg

LH-rearset-CU-2-700.jpg

canyoncarver said:
Zero apologies necessary, that Kawi is pure sex!

Thanks dude. I got a lotta shit from the Zed heads out there. I think they assumed I'd destroyed a mint z900, not a KZ1000 import with fake z900 paint.

Dutch Von Shed said:
My Ducati Sport Classic BEFORE
and AFTER
More work than it looks.... and more to come...

Sweet mother of desmo, that is a lovely bike. Every time I see one for sale, they are going for the GDP of Luxembourg! Nice work!

Dutch...... on the Duc....... I think you forgot to mention the drilled billet levers, drilled sprocket cover, drilled front sprocket, black billet slave cylinder, black billet alternator cover,polished billet fork caps, frame and fork sliders, and probably lots of other stuff too. I bet you know that "beauty" really is in the details........ fantastic bike.

dewjantim said:
Dutch...... on the Duc....... I think you forgot to mention the drilled billet levers, drilled sprocket cover, drilled front sprocket, black billet slave cylinder, black billet alternator cover,polished billet fork caps, frame and fork sliders, and probably lots of other stuff too. I bet you know that "beauty" really is in the details........ fantastic bike.
Someone once told me that "The Devil is in the Detail" will be on my headstone... (not sure if it was a compliment, or them saying I have OCD)

I know, I know, it's just another silly CB350 but, it's mine and I did do a bunch of stuff to it despite appearances. First moto build and the project isn't done yet. It is for now though.

I'm riding the hell out of it. It's a riot 8)

Before.
a1.jpg

cb.jpg

After.
0a.jpg

bridge2.jpg

I know it's not NEARLY as nice or nearly the bike that some of you folks post up here but, for now, it's all I've got ;)

Again, it's my first run at this so.......... please bear with me.

Don't sell yourself short New2, there's a ton of work that went into that 350. I'd ride it!

Big Rich said:
Don't sell yourself short New2, there's a ton of work that went into that 350. I'd ride it!
+2

That's really a nice clean rider mate, don't put it down. It looks sharp and mostly complete. I'd personally put a small front fender on it, but good on ya for keeping the brace portion of the factory bracket...save you some wobbles there. I know how loud those little Emgo "mufflers" are, maybe some Sporty takeoffs? They offer a really nice sound, great flow for these bikes and will keep John Law off your tail.

Any plans for rearsets? You'll want'm if you plan to ride much more than a few miles at a time. Something else to consider.....
If you find your brakes lacking, take your shoes in to any industrial friction shop and have them relined with Ferodo or for a cheaper and slightly more aggressive setup....forklift brake liner. I learned that from a couple vintage racers, works a treat. They will need your inner drum diameters and probably the back plates too so they can turn them to the proper diameter. That and a fresh, well lubed cable up front and you'll be astounded.

Sorry for the caffeine induced brain vomit but I really dig your little scoot!

Back
Top Bottom