** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

Rewheeled said:
before and after cb750 sevenfifty 2003. New Old Stock engine from 1999...

WOW,,she is nice.
But why in the world would you want to shift backwards? or am i missing something w this particular bike?

As in GP shifting? (So press down to shift up)

Sometimes it helps while cornering, so instead of getting your foot under the lever to shift up, you just need to twitch down a lil bit. Some people say it makes upshifts quicker because the movement is more natural, but I suppose that is only beneficial for drag racing or something. That being said I do have GP shifting on my race bike....just seems more comfortable.

Green199 said:
As in GP shifting? (So press down to shift up)

Sometimes it helps while cornering, so instead of getting your foot under the lever to shift up, you just need to twitch down a lil bit. Some people say it makes upshifts quicker because the movement is more natural, but I suppose that is only beneficial for drag racing or something. That being said I do have GP shifting on my race bike....just seems more comfortable.

Actually it is standard shiftpattern, not reversed, on this bike. That is 1 down, rest up.

Rewheeled said:
Actually it is standard shiftpattern, not reversed, on this bike. That is 1 down, rest up.

Yep, saw that from the pictures :)

Was just replying to trek about reverse/GP shifting.

sorry bud, Im just confused. With the rear set linkage set up like that if you click the lever down w your toe...the transmissions shaft is being pushed up. So, does the transmission shift work backwards, and by setting up rear set linkage like it is...you made it shift standard?

It is one amazing bike. you did a beautiful job!

trek97 said:
sorry bud, Im just confused. With the rear set linkage set up like that if you click the lever down w your toe...the transmissions shaft is being pushed up. So, does the transmission shift work backwards, and by setting up rear set linkage like it is...you made it shift standard?

It is one amazing bike. you did a beautiful job!

Thanks, glad you like it! If i push it down with my toe the rod is being pushed forward and the lever on the transmissionsshaft turns it clockwise, the linkage is set up the same way on the standard bike. If I turn the lever on the transmissions shaft 180 degrees (pointing upwards instead of downwards) it will be raceshift. If the the lever on the shiftpedal would be pointing down instead of up it would have the same effect. Trust me, I built it... ;)

This bike is about the best inspiration I've found for my new r80 - do you have a build thread anywhere? If not, would you mind sharing info on the seat,tires, rear blinkers/brake light unit? I assume the rear mudguard is just one you bought and figured a way to mount?

How did I not know this was here!!! I love seeing yalls bikes before and after shots!

Here is one of mine
1977 xs400
Before

And here is the most curent but not done!
IMG_0909_zps28ea1e47.jpg

Don't have the after pic from my SL350 build yet!

Here's my 82 CB450. These stamped steel framed bikes are hard to make look cool. Forks and wheels are from a CB400F as well as the factory rear sets. Tank is a 71 CB750. Seat is the stock seat with 10" removed from the center. Tail section is the original gas tank. Exhaust is half a ZX6 header and some scrap HD pipe with a cocktail shaker muffler. I sold this bike last fall to start a new one. I kind of miss it though.

before

after

78 gs 750
After stripping the front wind screen

After the build. Before exhaust wrap,seat cables and clean up.

End result untill 2 weeks ago

Currently buffing side cases and detailing motor for buyer

It is honestly not as loud as you would think. My old xs400 was 100x louder and that had the shorty type slip on's on it. Thanks Swagger. Its new owner came and took a ride on it a few days ago and is absolutely in love with it. I am going to miss it.

Back
Top Bottom