** PICS OF MEMBERS RIDES ** - Official Before & After Thread

Herm21 said:
Very nice in deed Islander! She's a beauty! Well done!

Give a shout next time you're up around Clearwater beach and we'll get a ride on!

Hey, sounds like a great idea...I'll shoot you an email. Don't know if you've ridden with the guys who meet on Sunday mornings at the Hess Station outside Brooksville. I met a guy, Carl, up at Iron Horse a couple of weeks ago who says it's a blast!

Treasure Islander said:
Hey, sounds like a great idea...I'll shoot you an email. Don't know if you've ridden with the guys who meet on Sunday mornings at the Hess Station outside Brooksville. I met a guy, Carl, up at Iron Horse a couple of weeks ago who says it's a blast!

Is it a vintage ride? Man just getting to Brooksville is a ride in itself, but I'd definitely be game to cruise with a group of vintage bikes!

I'm not sure how many vintage bikes show up, but the guy I spoke to (Carl) rides a bitchin' Ducati and said there are vintage guys there. He said there were a couple of Norton guys that would fall over if they saw me show up...so I'm definitely in. My bike is currently in Orlando with the "Godfather" of Nortons in Florida. I'm having some additonal modifications made to the swingarm, clutch upgrade and a couple of other things....should have it back in about 2 weeks.

I'll give you a shout when I get the Snorton back and we'll head on up to meet the gang. BTW, what are you riding??

While not a cafe bike, this is my CD175 K3 commuter.

The story goes that I swapped an old Datsun ute to my dad for a boxful of CD175 and some cash. I 'lent' the boxful of bike to my brother, on the proviso that he assemble it and give it to me free and clear when he was done.

64_320.jpg

The bike was thrown together in a couple weeks and used by my bro for about a year in fairly rough stock form, including perished to buggery tyres. Except for the extreme custom spray bomb paint job.

DSC00864.jpg

He was riding over to mine and the engine stopped. The wife was despatched with trailer and the bike was delivered, as he was now done with it.

I had a play around and got it going, but htought that some cleaning up was required. The motor has CB cam, 37mm carb (from 22mm) CB 5 speed gear set (from 4 speed) and 2 into 1 pipes. some nice Fiat Patero Verde (field green) paint and white pin stripes, drag bars and a good going over and it's a reliable, classic commuter

18-01-091.jpg

A cafe bike is on the build, a CB175 just to keep it in the family, currently a rolling frame and tank, but not too far away, pics soon.

thanks mate, I get lots of good comments about the paint. It was meant to be more of a khaki, but my painter mate got the wrong code made up... although I do prefer it now. seems just about every guy over 40 in Brisbane reckons he's owned one of these at some stage, but the only other one I've actually seen on the road is my dad's. go figure..

yeah johhny thats a great little bike. i think color is starting to grow on me. i was always thinking black on black on black, but you guys keep doing some great colors.

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]before[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
havesomeaiz said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size]after
attachment.php

3379174686_582d5d7419_b.jpg

3378351843_692a95349b.jpg

the before and after of my bike.. but im still working on it..

i would get stock badges and paint them white... if you want to spend some cash i have a buddy that does CNC work... he can make you anything!

Back
Top Bottom