POST A PIC OF YOUR FIGHTER.....

obviously I think most of you have seen my NON favtory fighter, it didnt come in a crate, it wast bought like this
I guess it hasnt got much of a stock bike left

august28.jpg

Here is a pic of my wanabe fighter... 3 different kinds of black spray paint! I think a little header wrap, more black spray paint and if I dont wash it ever again I will be set.

Vindingo said:
Here is a pic of my wanabe fighter... 3 different kinds of black spray paint! I think a little header wrap, more black spray paint and if I dont wash it ever again I will be set.

YEAH BABY!!!!... NICE!!!... Now thats a guy who has the right idea!!... LOL!!!.. Black rattlecan paint with the same "no-wash EVER" bike policy!!.. LOL.. just like me!!.. ;D
Good Job!!.. LOL!!!...

Mossy21 said:
My neibghours just love me......... ;D

Hey Mossy, where you located??

OK, so I checked your profile...

I recognized the plants and the house, lol, knew you were in NL.

I remember pulling up to your bike on Old Placentia / Ruby line intersection and you pulling off in a wheelie last summer on your speedtripple. Beautiful bike.

What's the plans for the cb in the profile pic?

Mossy21 said:
I'm in Paradice, Nfld...... I met you at The Toy Box the fall.

This is also true.

Well if you're ever lookin for someone to ride around and cause trouble with I'm there (on the Cafe anyway, can't keep up with a speedtripple). Also, I'm in if you need someone to help ya pull yer motor or change your bars, lol.

I'm looking at powdercoating my frame (and triples and swingarm) this winter - so if you know of the best place to go or you have some parts you want to throw in drop me a line.

I'm currently restoring my other 78 CB750. I could use another good back to install the engine. LOL
PM me your number, I have a buddy that wants to see his old Seca.......

Mossy21 said:
I'm currently restoring my other 78 CB750. I could use another good back to install the engine. LOL
PM me your number, I have a buddy that wants to see his old Seca.......

Haha, the guy who sold it to me? I'd love to show em.

Where is he from so I can be sure?

Sorry for the crappy quality, pics taken with cellphones should be prohibited....

Here´s the recipy:
- -89 FZR1000
- oneoff subframe
- 916 tail unit
- oneoff seat
- -93 engine with modded airbox (137 rwhp on the dyno)
- shortened Yoshi can
- oneoff bar risers
- Bates replica headlights
- stainless steel undertail
- R1 goldspot brake calipers
- Ducati 996 front rotors
etc...

DSC02120.jpg

DSC02121.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02125.jpg

DSC02127.jpg

DSC02128.jpg

DSC02129.jpg

IMG.jpg

And this badboy is currently residing in the livingroom....

DSC02130.jpg

Cheers
Dan

My cafe inspired fighter.

'93 Honda CBR900RR chassis
Honda 919 motor
39mm FCR carbs
V&H ignition (being replaced w/ dyna 2000)
One off 4-1 GP style pipe using a cut down yoshi can
Fox twin clicker shock
Fiberglass cafe-ish tail w/ home made LED strip taillight
custom subframe (only half done in pics)
custom lights made of driving lights modded to take BMW H7 headlight blubs (HID coming soon)
Paint was done by me, tank graphic is from the "Queen anne's revenge", black beards flag ship.
No signals, or mirrors TINY digital tach/speedo (not in pics)

All the work was done while i was in a wheel chair from binning a different bike, learned alot about welding, glassing and well just about everything. Right now she is coming appart to get a VFR single sided swinger and a CBR1000RR front end. Later in the year she is coming appart for some motor work and a direct port nitro setup, shooting for 200hp on the juice. Im also picking up a pair of CB550s this week for me and my room-mate, its going to be a busy building year.

DSC_2367.jpg

thegoodone.jpg

christylealovesthepaint.jpg

locO leoN said:
At some point, all bikes have to "come from the factory", wether its a Gixxer or a Norton Commando.

I think the Streetfighter, like a Cafe Racer, has certain physical characteristics which originally was created/fabricated in the owners garage.

However that being said, if a manufacturer, (honda/Ducati/Kawasaki, etc..), builds a bike that has those specific characteristics, does it make that bike any less a Cafe Racer or Street Fighter?

If I build a Cafe Racer from a cb350, then sell it to someone who "didnt build it", does that bike become any less of a cafe racer because the new owner didnt build it?

To simplify, if yo mama buys blue denim cloth and sews you a pair of pants, does it make those pants any less a pair of "blue-jeans", than if yo mama bought you a set of Levis at Walmart??

In my humble opinion..(which becomes LAW.. ;D..unless ButterflyMETH says otherwise), whether its made stock from Ducati, or built by TinTin in his basement, its understood that Cafe Racers & Streetfighters have commonly recognized physical characteristics in each of its genre category. It doesnt matter, at the end of the day, who "puts it together", be it Ducati or TinTin.

If a bike has the generally accepted cosmetic characteristics, (from either of those genre categories), regardless of whether its OEM or improvised, then it is what it is.

Court is ajourned...

BTW, just as an after thought, knowing ProTeal and his work on the cb750 & cb450,... that Ducati will end up looking and running like nothing anyone's ever seen before...
I demand to see more pics!!! ;D

I am new here and don't want to make any more enemies, but that is just a silly definition of a streetfighter.
Streetfighters are build with heart, no matter there size, to be exactly what the builders wants. ANYTHING that comes from a factory doesn't have a heart it has an MSRP. Difference? An MSRP has an easily attainable end and a true streetfighter does not. A simple thing as blood, sweat, and tears is easily overlooked in today's american society, and much is to be learned from WHERE and WHY a type of vehicle is bourne, not how. The classics usually come from a fiscal hardship of some sort, and-or a unruly youth society. Post war US for example with the advent of the hot rod duece coupes and shit. making something from nothing is the true art of a streetfighter, It can look the part, but if yu didn't build it,then its not yours.

Big 650

Back
Top Bottom