POST A PIC OF YOUR FIGHTER.....

Holy Shit.. I didnt post in here??...

Ok heres my fighter...
IMG_1790.jpg

Done.jpg

Build Thread:
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=5440.0

Just got it. Had a cb550 I was working on, but it had engine issues and got a good deal trading it in for this 1993 Suzuki GSX-r 600. (I'm scared to delve into engine rebuilding....I can adjust and bolt stuff on, but the honda had more trouble than I wanted to deal with....gave me more in trade than I paid for it) Thus far it is only nekkid with a bad carbonfiber can (will replace when finances allow) and the weird headlights. I'm debating either a drag bar or raised bar...but probably not until next year.

Picture038.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Nice stuff guys, especially that champ tartan seat Bailz! Awesome! Good to see the rattlecan black getting a workout, haha.

Might have to post a pic of my bike in here when its done. Part cafe, part fighter...part overweight monster; should look alright once its up and running.

Cheers, keep up the good stuff - boingk

Here's mine.

n1414479908_47707_5333.jpg

I built her in the 'front room' of a 24 foot pull behind camper through the winter after I crashed. Scaled 341 lbs, Dyno'd 113 hp @ 16,000.

LOFL!!!! MOST "Street fighters" are nothing other other than crashed pieces of junk! Crash it, rash it, yank the plastic, spray it flat black, add a stupid looking plastic light, allow an oil leak or 2 , and you have a fighter! I say you have a pile of shit.

killerdwarf said:
LOFL!!!! MOST "Street fighters" are nothing other other than crashed pieces of junk! Crash it, rash it, yank the plastic, spray it flat black, add a stupid looking plastic light, allow an oil leak or 2 , and you have a fighter! I say you have a pile of shit.

a) to each their own
b) no one asked you
c) some people enjoy spending 200 bucks on a beat up POS and turning it into something that is unique and interesting. Anyone with a spare income can buy a harley...they all look the same to me. Anyone can buy the new Buell "cafe racer" (1125cr I think) and look like they flew out of Japanese Anime. Anyone can jump on a message board and spout self-righteousness.
d) Some here show REAL talent. (I'm not one of em. hehe) And some people can appreciate that. Salvador Dali isn't famous because he was an art BUYER.

And I painted mine shiny black. :)

OK then. By the way, that is a gorgeous peice of work galaxian. I would have a hard time considering your bike a "fighter" though. Far too nice! I would maybe classify that as Restified perhaps. Restored, yet modified up to todays technology. Well done! ;)

killerdwarf said:
By the way, that is a gorgeous peice of work galaxian. I would have a hard time considering your bike a "fighter" though. Far too nice!

You're confusing fighters with rat bikes.

galaxian said:

Galaxian's pristine chariot is the epitome of what a properly done 'Fighter is to me. Brilliant work.
The thing about 'fighters is that they are a new genre (about 20yrs old) and even though they were pioneered by crashed/duct-taped euro-gixxers this is only half of the historical root-system. The other half of the 'fighter equation' is the 1st gen 'superbikes' that range from the two-strokes of the end of the 60s to the big-bore 4-stroke power-houses that replaced them (starting with the 1st gen CB750 in 1969 and the original king: the Z-1). To exclude these bikes based on their lack of plastic origins is to ignore the history of streetfighters as well as the roots of performance based motorcycles.

At the age of 45 I have experienced 41 years of riding motorcycles and 36 years of racing them in some way-shape-or form...and this has been my 2 cents. No intention of offending anyone. ;D

-KR

...oh, and would you guys get to posting your 'fighters!??? ;D

Here is one of my projects, got a bit to go on it, yet:

Attachments

• DSC01123.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 513
I converted my FZ1 to a naked bike with factory Yamaha parts. I know the FZ1 comes naked in other countries so some might not think its a streetfighter. Anyways, I'm looking for an older bike to build up as a cafe racer and came across this site. I'm glad I found it.

Nikon249.jpg

Nikon247.jpg

FZ1March20091.jpg

ajaf1656 said:
I converted my FZ1 to a naked bike with factory Yamaha parts. I know the FZ1 comes naked in other countries so some might not think its a streetfighter. Anyways, I'm looking for an older bike to build up as a cafe racer and came across this site. I'm glad I found it.

I really like the FZ1! I especially like it "naked"! ;) If I was in the market for a "new" machine, that would be on the short list! :D

Well I looked through this thread and noticed I did not post either of my bikes. I guess maybe the last time i looked through this thread it was the bickering over what a streetfighter is. does it f ing matter what the f you think a fighter is are you god, no you are not, so no it does not matter, no one cares what your opinion is on what a bike should be classified as. Just fing ride the fing things. Maybe too much beer on my side of the screen but seriously why fing argue. It doesn't matter. now that I'm done arguing hers some pics.
first my gs
IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

then my work in progress the GPZ I call it a cafe fighter
IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

i still don't fully understand what a street fighter is, a cafe is a early/retro race bike, then you have sportbike, superbike, and hyperbikes. i dont believe it has to be built because the companies that are making these, some of you so call styled street fighters only have 150+ workers. i a sure you there is plenty of heart and soul that are put into these bikes. the Benelli nor Buell market their bikes as street fighters. correct me if im wrong but the benelli is a cafe racer and the 1125cr is one too cr = cafe racer.

Build whatever the fuck puts a smile on your face. Call it wahtever the fuck you want. A great lookin bike is just a great looking bike... Argue style if it makes ya feel happy, but shit folks, cool is cool...

Back
Top Bottom