Two-Stroke Collective - 'The Smoking Lounge'

+1! Really inspiring work. Ive been on the fence about making a tank myself, but you may have pushed me over! ha ha ha It must be a BLAST to ride.

Just do it!!! I was pretty intimidated by it but I guess it worked out, its been holding gas for whole 12 hours, but thats 12 hours more than I thought it would. Plus no one will be able to look at your bike and say that tank came frome a...... Some good advise MAKE A MOLD. I could have saved tons of time. Live and learn I guess

Man, that tank is art! Really beautiful. I want to do a tank as well, and I haven't really researched how to yet, but I don't get how to do it really, do you make two haves and then glass them together??

Great build, you've got real talent!

Thanks, what I did is I made the entire tank minus the bottom. In my long post the progress shot labeled "final shaping" at that point there was no botm to the tank yet. I then glassed a concave or convecs depending on you perspective bottom, I cut the brass mounts out of the stock plastic tank for mounting the fuel shut off. and put them together. I then mixed some resin and poured it into the tank and mixed it all around to make sure there were no small holes. Then some casewell and call it a day. Are you thinking for your RD?

Ahh, I see.

I haven't got a particular project in mind just yet. I just want to try it for something sometime. I have a Suzuki GS450 that needs a tank I might mess around with something for that.

Updated with a few more builds that have popped up, seems the Suzuki triples are gaining a bit of a following.

And yeah, kickass 175! That'd be unbelievable to ride.

Cheers - boingk

Updated with cierrecart and pirattzi's RD350's.

Also, check these guys out for performance silencers and so forth. Lots of trick gear for newer bikes as well.

www.tygaperformance.com

The direct link for some nice silencers in aluminum and carbon is here.

Cheers - boingk

Thought you guys might like this. This a rg/rgv 500 gama built and owned by the guy who bought my IT. He also had a 250 lucky stricke and a tzr.
4634983093_f74ba84826_b.jpg

4634983203_01b4b03528_b.jpg

4634983277_6d2b75d4fe_b.jpg

I've FINALLY got some updates on the H2, for those that are interested. :eek: :D

We should be making steady progress through the summer now! ;D

hi all, i'm looking for set of expansion pipes to fit my '72 R5. if anyone has a set they want to part with send me deets!

Er, just to lower the tone (a lot), may I introduce the latest concept from Daves shed of Errors and Trials, the
Banville Villam! :eek:

Villiers 9E 197cc 2-stroke of wishful thinking, inadequately blended with a BSA Bantam plunger frame and Golden Flash tank, home fabricated seat and frame (incomplete). Also incomplete, an early BSA girder front end.

Look upon my works all ye mighty and despair! (I am incurable!) :D

IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

Please don't throw rocks! :-\

Im not going to lie to ya man... THAT IS AWESOME. With some proper fit and finish (the seats a hair wonky for me) thats easily one of the coolest bikes around here. Do you have a build thread up yet? If not please start one. Id love to follow the progress.

That is one seriously cool bike. Girders at the front, plunger rear and set poised to twist off at any minute give it character.

Are Alfa bearings in the UK still around? They used to sell great con rod kits for the 9e back when they were used in Karts.

I'd refurbish the suspension and keep it but I'd suggest making the seat mounts a little more rigid.

Nice find. Thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom