Post a pic of your latest purchase

JustinLonghorn said:
Get yourself some milk crates, Tim!

My Sherpa will be hauling my gear. I travel Grand Tour style ;)

Just took the bags off. Looking at some Pro Taper bars (orig steel are painted black and already chipped near the clamp and rusty). And might put on Oxford heated grips while I'm at it.

Need a new windscreen too for a bit more protection and definitely need a new bash plate as the oem unit is plastic. Good for a rock on the highway but not for a log on a trail.

Love the metallic Kawasaki green. Tank is steel which was a surprise. I figured that was just a plastic cover. I might do a vinyl wrap to protect the paint as it is perfect right now.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

That KLR is a solid score Tim. I wish I had room for one of those.

Today I picked up a 97' YZF750R.

I've been on the hunt for YZF stuff and a parts bike finally hit Craigslist the other day so I called the guy quick and made a deal. I had to drive 2.5 hours one way to the western boonies of NM to get it but it was a ton of the parts I need to move forward on my 94' YZF750R/1000 EXUP project. The neck is cracked and I think the forks are bent but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. I'm hoping the rear shock is the ohlins that was supposed to be on the 97,98 bikes.

Attachments

• 97yzf_1.jpg
    97yzf_1.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 183
  • vanpurpose.jpg
    vanpurpose.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 452
canyoncarver said:
That KLR is a solid score Tim. I wish I had room for one of those.

Today I picked up a 97' YZF750R.

I've been on the hunt for YZF stuff and a parts bike finally hit Craigslist the other day so I called the guy quick and made a deal. I had to drive 2.5 hours one way to the western boonies of NM to get it but it was a ton of the parts I need to move forward on my 94' YZF750R/1000 EXUP project. The neck is cracked and I think the forks are bent but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. I'm hoping the rear shock is the ohlins that was supposed to be on the 97,98 bikes.
Can I have the front discs?

canyoncarver said:
I need to hang on to these, the ones on my other yzf are ISR iron comp style rotors. I needed these as another option.
Bah, you and your needs.

clem said:
That YZF should be a good ride man. You doing a track bike or something?

More like race rep. It'll be street legal but it won't be stock. I have a 1000 Ace motor to bolt into the 750R chassis and Airtech makes all kinds of neat plastics for it.

canyoncarver said:
More like race rep. It'll be street legal but it won't be stock. I have a 1000 Ace motor to bolt into the 750R chassis and Airtech makes all kinds of neat plastics for it.

Nice! 8)

I've always wanted to drop a zx9r engine in a zx7r chassis... (sigh). :-\

Not likely to ever happen for me. Not enough money or years left. ;) ;D

Drewski said:
Nice! 8)
I've always wanted to drop a zx9r engine in a zx7r chassis... (sigh). :-\
Not likely to ever happen for me. Not enough money or years left. ;) ;D

That ZX would be a great project Drewski. I'm starting this now because I know how long it might take me!

Got a low hour (9) YZ250f for the boy lots of performance parts already done. Mostly ready to race with Enzo suspension just a few pounds light.

14118cbc47fe268a4c39e288430197ac.jpg

2b8aa6613943d4a7046b2dbe7e6b91a8.jpg

0e11a175c1e77bb3f6ae5cbbf8cc64ff.jpg

9d9eae259160615b6025256a53b49bb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Picked up the wheels from the coater last night.
Mounted tires tonight.

Looking forward to building a "shop truck"

05ec05b3b8138b13aca3ea027e4ff49e_zpsgc3bauvs.jpg

surffly said:
Picked up the wheels from the coater last night.
Mounted tires tonight.

Looking forward to building a "shop truck"

05ec05b3b8138b13aca3ea027e4ff49e_zpsgc3bauvs.jpg
Looks nice! Post up a pic of it together!

Tune-A-Fish© said:
Got a low hour (9) YZ250f for the boy lots of performance parts already done. Mostly ready to race with Enzo suspension just a few pounds light.

14118cbc47fe268a4c39e288430197ac.jpg

Very very nice.

Got this for my kids to teach them how to shot responsibly. A Daisy Powerline 880. Same as the one my dad got me and my brothers to teach us gun safety.
c80577a76b3a749d6cfd0f9d8e946c07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ply318ci said:
Got this for my kids to teach them how to shot responsibly. A Daisy Powerline 880. Same as the one my dad got me and my brothers to teach us gun safety.
c80577a76b3a749d6cfd0f9d8e946c07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice, that's what I upgraded to after my red rider!

Back
Top Bottom