Post a pic of your latest purchase

The first round of my yzf carb and petcock parts have shown up so hopefuly I can get The Fly running soon. I also finally got myself a new border UTM firewall for the home network. It's a Fortinet FG30E. The software it runs is exactly the same as what I use to run my datacenter at work on much beefier hardware. I decided it would be worth it at home. Makes working from home easier too. Industrial grade.

Attachments

• forti_yama.jpg
    forti_yama.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 619
Micron exhaust headers w/ CF muffler.

"Dent & Scratch" for $100 + shipping.

Works well!

413250844.jpg

(just trying on the Corbin seat that came with it, I prefer the all-black Sargent MUCH better)

grandpaul said:
Micron exhaust headers w/ CF muffler.

"Dent & Scratch" for $100 + shipping.

Works well!

413250844.jpg

(just trying on the Corbin seat that came with it, I prefer the all-black Sargent MUCH better)

Love what you're doing here GP, but I hafta disagree. I LOVE the Corbin and the way the red panels make the seat look less humungous. ;D

Drewski said:
Love what you're doing here GP, but I hafta disagree. I LOVE the Corbin and the way the red panels make the seat look less humungous. ;D

Yeah, what he said. I like it!

Rotors for a C10 boxchevy. Still amazed these can be had for the same price or less than most new motorcycle rotors...

a52186a8ff823b449b1992ce6f79460d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Eric, I upgraded mine to the slotted/drilled rotors and braided lines about a year or so ago. The old girl will almost stand on her nose now.

Redbird said:
Eric, I upgraded mine to the slotted/drilled rotors and braided lines about a year or so ago. The old girl will almost stand on her nose now.
I went back and forth on that. I figure I can upgrade again once I finish the rest of the system. I'm going with the 3AN lines like I got for the front end of the BMW. Did you convert the rear end to disc, or do you still have drums? That's something else I'm trying to decide if it's worth the money. I'm not too disappointed with the function of a drum, honestly.

Zero percent performance enhancement in drilled rotors the gas is gone. If you choose a drilled and slotted rotor you should increase the diameter by as much needed to recover the loss in contact surface.

This conversation is sorta like "what's the best oil"

GO!

ridesolo said:
Yeah, what he said. I like it!

Way too hard, and SLICK. I was sliding all over the place. Looks mean nothing to me once the bike starts rolling.

I suppose I can carry the seat around with me for photo-ops...

" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Tune-A-Fish said:
Zero percent performance enhancement in drilled rotors the gas is gone. If you choose a drilled and slotted rotor you should increase the diameter by as much needed to recover the loss in contact surface.

This conversation is sorta like "what's the best oil"

GO!

Motorcycle oil? I use Mobil 1 in new bikes and Valvoline in old.

canyoncarver said:
The first round of my yzf carb and petcock parts have shown up so hopefuly I can get The Fly running soon. I also finally got myself a new border UTM firewall for the home network. It's a Fortinet FG30E. The software it runs is exactly the same as what I use to run my datacenter at work on much beefier hardware. I decided it would be worth it at home. Makes working from home easier too. Industrial grade.
Fortinet is what some of the assets use that I work on also. Must be good stuff. I get lost with all of the what's up gold and solar winds stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

I bought a 18" rear wheel, including the swing arm and break assy to get rid of the 16" drum wheel on my wife's XS400

f9cfa855f7c01077bb14db929e3693eb.jpg

c74be7e641169157162494dd3cd7b4fc.jpg

It will open up a lot better choices for tires

I posted a couple weeks back that my "latest purchase" was a Ford flex for my wife
644a1728bc652436ef79af79b46ed98f.jpg

3 days later the old eco boost started billowing white smoke, so my next purchase was a pair of these
6d21b4c1f6300f482051b4fda36d127c.jpg

Turns out, the impeller is supposed to be attached to the shaft and not in the catalytic converter. Who'd a thunk it
f9347664c0186bd398a5bf46c0b52694.jpg

My entry into the world of Ford ownership has not been a nice one lol

grandpaul said:
Way too hard, and SLICK. I was sliding all over the place. Looks mean nothing to me once the bike starts rolling.

I'm surprised to hear that. Corbin's have had a great reputation for years. I had a Sergeant seat on my VFR, it was a very nice seat. Looked good and had plenty of grip.

grandpaul said:

Wow, that's too bad! I have 2 Corbin seats (kz1000 and zrx) and love them both. I guess it depends on what type of leather they used on the seat surface as far as the 'slip' goes. They are hard but I've gotten quite used to them and enjoy 'em a lot. :)

Back
Top Bottom