Post a pic of your latest purchase

Hurco550 said:
52adf66161c83ce28d4f1e8d1e38bf40.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I expected to wake up this morning to a "Re: Post a pic of your latest purchase" post of air bags for a certain Ford COE. I woke up disappointed. :-\

irk miller said:
I expected to wake up this morning to a "Re: Post a pic of your latest purchase" post of air bags for a certain Ford COE. I woke up disappointed. :-\

"you made me wake up disappointed"

Always a hard one to hear, but it does get a bit easier every time...

Got a used copy of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Going to finally get around to reading it.

Attachments

• 20181016_074229.jpg
    20181016_074229.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 189
Sonreir said:
Got a used copy of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Going to finally get around to reading it.

I bought a copy a while back, started into it and enjoyed it, but kinda forgot to get back to it. Thanks for the reminder ;)

Hurco550 said:
I bought a copy a while back, started into it and enjoyed it, but kinda forgot to get back to it. Thanks for the reminder ;)

Same, like two years ago.

It takes a few reads - there are some slow parts you have to be in the right mood to get through and pay attention to. I've read it a few times, but not in the last 5-10 years.

Which carbs are the better choice for a CB750K5......:?

7A, 657B or 086A

WhyNot said:
Which carbs are the better choice for a CB750K5......:?

7A, 657B or 086A
Look at Murray's Carb kit. It's good stuff, and you get easy maintenance with two VM Mikunis. They're pretty awesome on my chopper. If you're sticking to straight stock, I'm pretty sure you want the 7A for your gen.

irk miller said:
Look at Murray's Carb kit. It's good stuff, and you get easy maintenance with two VM Mikunis. They're pretty awesome on my chopper. If you're sticking to straight stock, I'm pretty sure you want the 7A for your gen.

Shit Eric, those Murray's are expensive, and out of my reach. Would be nice, though.

I was thinking the 7As too. The bodies are in better shape, and they have the brass floats.

The other 2 sets have plastic.

Not sure what I've done to deserve the generousity of some pals here in town.....

Just bought this:

enhance

....to build a 2005 Buell XB12R around.

Had a 9r for 7 years......always regret getting rid of it. A pal of mine had owned several 12r's (one of which belonged to a buddy who passed away a handful of years ago).

The pal had asked me if I wanted some parts he had kicking around....I said sure!!

Um.....wasn't long discovering that I suddenly was in possession of pretty much all of a very special and particular 12r, in boxes. Step one was finding an engine. Check.

The plan is for this to become the daily rider.

tattoo said:
Not sure what I've done to deserve the generousity of some pals here in town.....

Just bought this:

enhance

....to build a 2005 Buell XB12R around.

Had a 9r for 7 years......always regret getting rid of it. A pal of mine had owned several 12r's (one of which belonged to a buddy who passed away a handful of years ago).

The pal had asked me if I wanted some parts he had kicking around....I said sure!!

Um.....wasn't long discovering that I suddenly was in possession of pretty much all of a very special and particular 12r, in boxes. Step one was finding an engine. Check.

The plan is for this to become the daily rider.

Great score. I'd love to have one of those.

Picked up an XR650L for 1500 to replace the KRZ, love the KRZ but it just doesn't do longer trips very well with the gearing. This should handle things much better. Still need to sell the DRZ though.

Attachments

• IMG_7259.jpg
    IMG_7259.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 188
Back
Top Bottom