Let's see your pickup trucks

The beater: only pic I have is from 2007. Looks the same, just has line-x now.

33490775td8.jpg

Cool to hear a turbo whine coming from a Tacoma, MILLENNIUM!

I was born/raised in the West end of the Peg. Still come back every summer to spend time at Westhawk Lake and the surrounding area.

Every time I go home for a week or two I remeber why I left.

The reason I ask about the truck is I worked at a place in Brandon 5 years ago where a guy re painted a truck just like that and the quality of his work would reveal about that kind of rust by now.

Its a small world, I drove my 87 VW Fox from Brandon to Barrie, after a few weeks I got brave and went to Toronto. I was in North York where I was smucked by a little chinese woman. VW Fox's being what they are, it takes a scratch in the bumper to write one off. About a year later I was browsing the VW Vortex where a guy had found MY old Fox at a wrecker in Barrie and taken the bits and pieces off that I had put on (Fog lights, Wolfsburg badge, switches and gizmoes like that).

Its possible I just bought the truck this winter locally, sold it a couple days ago tho, pulling out the merc in my avatar tomorrow morning!

Here's a pic of my workhorse, poor thing had a screwdriver fly through the window (quite by accident). Got angry started to shake my fist about something, screwdriver slips out during one of the pumps and then bam! But i love the poor beastly, she super reliable and has never ditched me (knock on wood). She has a 300 Inline 6 backed by the electronic overdrive 4speed. Pulls like no ones business but doesn't go anywhere fast.

Attachments

• 100_0228.jpg
    100_0228.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 371
I had an 82 Ford Granada (Looks like a little two door LTD built on a Fox body) with the straight 6, bullet proof engine except it liked to diesel... Some times if I turned it off in gear, it would shut off, other times I had to stick it in reverse and try again and again and again...

lol, sounds like you had infamous leak through on the single barrel. The 80's models "small block" inline sixes were notorious for it. The big sixes not so much, luckily mine has fuel injection.

1966 C10, 305, 350 Turbo, bagged. Super fun truck

Attachments

• larry and truck3-31-2011 small.JPG
    larry and truck3-31-2011 small.JPG
    387.5 KB · Views: 395
haplo_84 said:
Here's a pic of my workhorse, poor thing had a screwdriver fly through the window (quite by accident). Got angry started to shake my fist about something, screwdriver slips out during one of the pumps and then bam! But i love the poor beastly, she super reliable and has never ditched me (knock on wood). She has a 300 Inline 6 backed by the electronic overdrive 4speed. Pulls like no ones business but doesn't go anywhere fast.

Ha! Man, that sucks. I put a golf club through the back window of my Wrangler, then a couple years later a small pine tree through the same one. I still catch grief over that.

I have to admit Rich if i was mad before, i was madder than all hell after that! But now i think about it, all i do is just giggle to myself cause i think i scared my sister when i turned and looked at her cause she got moving into my parents house pretty damn quickly.

Finally got myself into a truck. Grew up driving them but never owned one myself because I could always borrow when needed. All it needs is a hitch and a bike to move...

IMG_9212.jpg

Okay here's mine......towing one of my other toys. 2003 F150 supercrew, I have had alot of trucks, knock on wood this has been one of the best.
bluangelz019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom