Where in the UK are you ?

Hey Mart - you're just up the road from my cold and wet ............ Redditch.

What are you building mate?

Thanx to da management for flagging this up - who knows we might be able to scare up for more of the BOF's division and share memories - or just relish the enthusiasm of the noveau cafe-moto boys. YEEEEHA, as the BossHoss would say.

so we know where we live but what bikes do we have/like.
it would be nice if everyone tells us a bit about their fav. bikes.

beachcomber said:
What are you building mate?
Ive got a KZ750 Twin which is in a state of suspended modification. Fitted a GPZ750A front end with CBR400 clip-ons & presently getting a Zephyr swingarm mod'd to suit the frame. Very very slow progress !!!

What have you got cooking beachcomber ?

Toooooo many Mart !!!!

I've approached this as my final swansong - so I made a deliberate decision in the past few years to gather all the base bikes I wanted while and as I could afford them.

So as something came up worth the money I bought it and stashed it. Then started buying parts on the same basis - as they came up cheap enough I'd buy.

So that's left me with 7 or so projects all being worked on !

However, it became obvious I would probably not be able to build all of them and still get to enjoy riding them so I've culled [ am culling ] my fleet in an effort to get 4 or 5 completed in the next 2 years.

1. BMW K100 Streetfighter - nearly completed, and should be on the road by this Summer
2. Suzuki GS450 Flat Tracker - almost complete - just need to sort electrics [ my pet hate ].
3. BMW K1100 Cafe Racer - as close to sixties styling as poss - wire wheels and all. That's a long way off, but I have got 90% of the parts I need to finish it.
4. 2 more BMW Kay projects that I'm selling off to raise money for the others !
5. Yamaha XS 500 Cafe Racer - trad Brit style
6. Yamaha XS 500 with Yam TT600 engine - again Trad Brit style - I'm going for a Goldie look.
7. Honda CB550 - plan is to make a 70's style Factory Race Rep. I'm collecting the bike in the next few weeks.

So there's my cunning plan. A single, twin and 4 cyl in the Trad Cafe Racer style and the others, well because I still like to experiment.

Im based in Derby at the moment but moving to Leeds in summer. Building a sr250 cafe which some might have seen ;)

scuzz said:
Hi there all. I am in wet and cold Ellesmere Port, roll on summer!!

Hey, only down the road in Rock Ferry! Small world.

I bought a wetdream in december for winter commute, and stubbled across the cafe scene through this website, and decided it was for me... so

Photo0054.jpg

from this to this, in about a week, but i'm not finished yet.

Photo0145.jpg

Photo0144.jpg

Plans now the weather is picking up is polish everything bare metal i can including the front mudguard (which could do with a chop down) fancy changin the motad for something a bit more fruity. Possibly some wire wheels but i quite like the standard rims.

I've got to say considering this bike is supposed to be gutless, it seems fine to me, well better with the 2 into 1 and the cone filters and setup, its not as fast as stuff i've ridden, but the grin factor is huge

Me, Market Rasen Lincolnshire
Currently working on a 1981 Z750E, Here it is as I got it!

What a stunner imported it from the States along with 7 others!
1972 CB500four
1976 KZ750B
1975 TX500 (XS500)
1976 CB550four
1978 CB550four
1976 XS650
1978 KZ1000

So that should keep me busy!

Attachments

• DSC_8180.jpg
    DSC_8180.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 242
nivagc said:
Me, Market Rasen Lincolnshire

Thats so strange. Before i moved out my folks I lived in Grimsby. Infact iv come to visit them this week and im back there!
I assume you reside at Willingham woods when the suns out and the police cars are not?

Hi everyone, just discovered the Cafe Racer series on Discovery and loved it, found this from there, it's definitely the best bike show since the OCC boys went up their own tail pipes.

I'm in Bolton and not riding anything in particular, just a standard Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm. Gordon Brown's fiscal mismanagement of the country saw off my Harley so I wouldn't mind something new as and when I can afford it.

Ride safe.

hey all,

im from west london, and ride a noisy cb400f. i live about 10 mins from the ace...

Attachments

• bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 278
thats very nice kajtek, i plan on making a pilgrimage to ace once my cafes finished (hopefully summer)

Back
Top Bottom