Where in the UK are you ?

Im now in Warsash in Hampshire ( near southampton ). Been away for a while due to house move but back now and cracking on with my project. Have a lot of catch up reading to do!

BBSparky said:
Im now in Warsash in Hampshire ( near southampton ). Been away for a while due to house move but back now and cracking on with my project. Have a lot of catch up reading to do!

Welcome back Sparky - hope your house move went smooth and you have a G.B.F.O. garage to work in !

Cheers beachcomber, garage isnt bad, the old fella who lived here before even carpeted it for me so its nice and cosy for working on the bike in these winter months :D Just need to get some more tools in there now ;)

BBSparky said:
Cheers beachcomber, garage isnt bad, the old fella who lived here before even carpeted it for me so its nice and cosy for working on the bike in these winter months :D Just need to get some more tools in there now ;)
And a heater and an armchair and a beer cooler ....boy you're made !!

beachcomber said:
And a heater and an armchair and a beer cooler ....boy you're made !!

Funny you should say that as i did have a little project when we first moved in ;) http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/BBSparky/The%20%20bar/

Bike is getting there. Waiting on a couple of parts to turn up and then have someone sorting a wiring diagram for me which will have just the basics required for the bike to run etc

beachcomber said:
Pix please Cookymonster .................................and welcome to the DTT UK chapter

only got these ones , will take some more up to date ones soon
100_0277.jpg

100_0276.jpg

just got to paint the tank and wheels and few little bits to sort out then im done ;D

hi all,
im in sunny sheffield, south yorkshire. if anyone is local let me know as im trying my first build and could do with a hand cos im trying to teach my self in the process with a whole lotta help from this site!
thanks all.

Welcome aboard Bibs

Not local to you, but if there's any questions we can collectively answer - just post them up.

Let's have some details of your build - pix ?

hay beachcomber,
hope these work..
started with this bit of rubbish
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/bibs-uk/IMG_0456.jpg
and im currently with this
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/bibs-uk/photo.jpg

Learnt a lot during this and how to do it all differant next time, loads of tools purchased and bloody hands.
just wish i could weld but ill save that for my next purchase and teach myself i think.
started with a cb250 as it seemed an easy starting block so dercided to do it up, sell it and move to a bigger one, maybe a 500? sticking with the hondas i thinki as ive always loved them.
sorry for the bad quality, will do some more detailed ones soon plus wiped my camera by mistake so lot a lot of the inbetween shote.

Hi, fellow Brits, living right in the middle of France at the moment, very cold -10 and getting colder, was hoping to work on the bike today, but touching metal at -10 is not very pleasant.

Hey Frog - bienvenue .........................

Glad to have you here, what's all this - 10 ?? Sun always shines in France - right ?

Where in France?

Let's have some details of what you're working on. Maybe this should be the DTT / UK and EU Chapter !

Hi, sadly the sun doesn't always shine here, actually the sun is shining but it's -15 today, I'm right in the middle of France, Limousin, originally from North East England (Darlington). I'm converting my BMW RT80, I'v scrapped every non essential part, reducing the weight by fifty pounds, fitting a single sixties style humped seat, getting the tank nickle plated, I'm going to fit peashooter or dunstall silencers once I get a ball park figure for upping the jets, I should be on the road again March/April and I'll post some pics

I know the region quite well - been a Francophile for over 50 years !

When it's warm enough - get that Box Brownie out and shoot us some pix.

I've built 3 Airhead Cafe Racers now - last one 8 years ago. All based on twinshock R80s as they used to be relatively cheap as donors.

Wallsend Tyne and w***. Freezing me knackers of in the garage,trying to figure what to do with me cb 900.?????

ayup Ragg, any pics of the 900? I do like them cb's, what ideas/plans have you?

welcome aboard by the way

Back
Top Bottom