www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: ** CHANGING TIRES 101 **  (Read 4846 times)

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
Re: ** CHANGING TIRES 101 **
« Reply #10 on: Jul 29, 2011, 23:44:10 »
That guy in the second vid doesn't understand how to change tyres so it was pretty brace to put it out.
 If he had old style wire beads, they would be broken and he (and anyonr using his methods) would be buying new tyres when the beads break.
 You can hear the bead creaking while he's fitting tyre.
Use smallest tyre irons to do job, it's supposed to be persuaded on, not brute force and ignorance
 The wheel well where the spokes sit (also known as drop center') is where tyre bead has to be then ease bead onto rim with proper lipped tyre levers.
 I polish the working end of levers so tyre will slide easier.
Use some dish saop and water mix, the INSIDE of bead needs lubing as wellas the outside
 You should only pull levers just past 90 degrees to rim

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
I gave my girlfriend an orgasm the other night, but, she spat it back at me
 Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it  (Terry Pratchett)
CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline COOKtheKILLA

• 1973 CB350K4
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2013, 18:28:05 »
Thought this may help anyone trying to put rubber on the rim.  I did both my tires on my '73 cb350 with no tire irons.  To get the tires off I used three screwdrivers and rubber gloves to protect the rim.  When I got the technique down this bag method worked like a charm.  I, however, put the tire and rim on the ground and used my feet and a broom stick to push the tire on the rim.  This dude makes it look too easy.  The rear tire was much harder than the front for me.  Enjoy!

Offline CuppaJoe

« Reply #12 on: Jul 10, 2013, 21:14:57 »
Very valuable video, COOK! Thanks - definitely going to try this bag method when putting new rubber on our 73 CB350.
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Offline Ellwood

• Vintage person on vintage bikes...
« Reply #13 on: Jul 10, 2013, 23:58:09 »
Hears someone say to just take a sawsall to take them off...LOL. But you better be careful ....I imagine you get close to the rim then just snip the beads with hawks bill pliers :o

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Adult onset Attention Deficit Disorder is my cross to bare....

Offline koonendez

** CHANGING TIRES 101 **
« Reply #14 on: Jul 11, 2013, 03:48:37 »
Pretty cool video

Offline DesmoBro

• Busted Nut
« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2013, 09:40:20 »
My secret tire trick (seen on here somewhere) ZIP TIES !!! thats right get about 8 Extra long zip ties Zip them one by one  all the way around the tire, basically causing the 2 beads to touch all the way around make sure they are tight and kind of stretch the bead. Once all 8 are evenly spaced and tight tire lever that beast on then cut the zip ties and voila

"I desire the things that will destroy me in the end"