The Official OHIO Roll Call.

I'm in Columbus as well.

Anyone around here want to get together for SouthEast Ohio rides in the twisties and hills, or want some highly recommended route suggestions, hit me up. Here's a thread I started same as the one on CafeRacer.net to find more people who love to build cornering machines and ride vintage bikes in the twisties and hills:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=55810

Welcome! Nice stable there Tomkat. plenty of 750K's on here if you don't want to mod one of your brits. Need to watch for upcoming events in Cleve area and join in the fun this year. How about some pics of your rides?

Matt

Re: The Official OHIO Roll Call.

The Kiosk Guy said:
Dave, nice to see ya here. Ton up brother! (Come spring)

Thanks Tim! Feel free to PM me if you need help or assistance this year with any of the incredible events you put together for our city. I should probably get back on Bookface soon so I can keep up with Cincy Cafe Racer events.

DreadRock said:
Welcome to the Ton ! Any pics of your rides ?

I'll give it a try uploading from the iPad.

My 88 Shadow I bought for $300 and rebuilt it over 9 months. When I was almost done with the Shadow, I was having a discussion with my elderly tax lady and ended up with a basket case 72 Norton Commando for free. She insisted that I come see its condition before I committed to lug it out of her basement. It's in rough shape, but taking it was the easiest decision I've ever had the good fortune to make. I've gone through the boxes of parts, and put it together enough to have a roller. The Norton is on the back burner while my wrenching skills improve by doing these other 2 bikes sitting in my basement...

My cousin decided he wanted to build a bike. He ended up with a 82 Virago, which I have been helping him work on for a little more than a year now. Last fall I picked up a 71 CL350. I paid a bit too much for it, but I'm a sucker for those high pipes on a brat bike. I'm right in the middle of redoing the 350 now, (with my "experimental" CB350 tank) hoping to have it at least rideable before Mods vs. Rockers this year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 676
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 670
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 686
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 678
Re: The Official OHIO Roll Call.

combustioncafe said:
Thanks Tim! Feel free to PM me if you need help or assistance this year with any of the incredible events you put together for our city. I should probably get back on Bookface soon so I can keep up with Cincy Cafe Racer events.
We are currently working on setting up the 2014 Queen City Mods & Rockers Rally, as well as several smaller events and garage nights. Let's connect here on DTT, FB or our web forum at http://cincinnaticaferacer.com/forum/

If anyone wants to meet up during the riding season for some Hocking Hills/Wayne National Forest area twisties riding, hit me up. I really want to do some more exploring. Hocking is like my backyard (35 minutes south), but the far reaches of southern and southeast Ohio I'd like to make it out to more often.

I've got 3 GREAT routes mapped out for early this next season with starting points from the Columbus/Lancaster area, the last of which I have barely gotten out to, just mapped out based on a twisty road fanatic's recommendations.

My favorite close ride (5.5 hours of fun) Lancaster to Thornville loop through Hocking/Wayne/Burr Oak.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Delmont+Rd+SW&daddr=Hamburg+Rd+SW+to:Christmas+Rock+Rd+SW+to:Clearcreek+Rd+SW+to....

That's the express route from Columbus, taking 33 to 22 to Delmont. If you want a longer ride, or are just doing the Hocking area, you can pick up the nice back way into Hocking from Groveport Rd->Lithopolis Rd NW->Mt Zion Rd->Crumley Rd->Delmont Rd. Mt Zion is a secluded route on old and fairly smooth tar and chip pavement (as are most of the roads from here to Christmas Rock Rd, worn in tar and chip but lots of dips and smooth bumps) but is a fun road. Although on the map they look straight, Mt Zion has some curves,and Crumley/Delmont have some huge roller coaster straights.

Attachments

• RIDE1.jpg
    RIDE1.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 295
Welcome to the Ton ! Do you have a build thread up or any pics of your bike ?

Welcome Ballski!! Cincinnati here too. Love the 550 platform

Sent from my freaking iPhone using freaking Tapatalk

Hey!! Whats up DTT?! I'm Trey, i'm a first time owner of a 1981 Honda CB650. I am also a first time rider. I live in the Dayton area!!

Back
Top Bottom