The Official OHIO Roll Call.

What's up my Ohio Brethren!
While I may be stuck down in the sunny land of straight, flat, & boring roads, I still dearly miss the riding of N.E. Ohio! Raised in Cleveland, educated in C-Bus, living down in Tampa area now, but still I suffer from withdrawal of those Eastern Ohio & Western PA rides. To anyone in the Cleveland area, check out Chagrin River Road; from D-Town Chagrin Falls up to Willoughby Hills. You can even head east from Willoughby Hills and ride some hidden jewels in Kirtland Hills & the outskirts of Chardon. It's two-wheel nirvana!
And to you Central Ohio riders, I will be forever jealous of your proximity to the roads out there by New Philadelphia, Cambridge, Coshocton, Zanesville, etc. Some of the best riding I have ever experienced!
Well if anyone's ever in the St. Pete/Clearwater area, swing by DCC and ask for "Slacker". I'll make sure you get the VIP tour!

Slacker said:
What's up my Ohio Brethren!
While I may be stuck down in the sunny land of straight, flat, & boring roads, I still dearly miss the riding of N.E. Ohio! Raised in Cleveland, educated in C-Bus, living down in Tampa area now, but still I suffer from withdrawal of those Eastern Ohio & Western PA rides. To anyone in the Cleveland area, check out Chagrin River Road; from D-Town Chagrin Falls up to Willoughby Hills. You can even head east from Willoughby Hills and ride some hidden jewels in Kirtland Hills & the outskirts of Chardon. It's two-wheel nirvana!
And to you Central Ohio riders, I will be forever jealous of your proximity to the roads out there by New Philadelphia, Cambridge, Coshocton, Zanesville, etc. Some of the best riding I have ever experienced!
Well if anyone's ever in the St. Pete/Clearwater area, swing by DCC and ask for "Slacker". I'll make sure you get the VIP tour!

Hello! I guess the riding is pretty good in much of Ohio at the moment; it is February and in the 60s up there! I live in north central, not too far from Mid-Ohio, but am wintering on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. It's hard to handle this sun and beautiful weather, but somebody has to take the hit for the rest of mankind... ;)

ridesolo said:
Hello! I guess the riding is pretty good in much of Ohio at the moment; it is February and in the 60s up there! I live in north central, not too far from Mid-Ohio, but am wintering on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. It's hard to handle this sun and beautiful weather, but somebody has to take the hit for the rest of mankind... ;)

yep, 65 degrees today. Tried to start the Suzuki though and it wasn't having it. I Think ohio bikes may go on strike from October to may.

We always enjoyed riding over by way of Mohican area. Ive been up in the Willoughby area in a car, but never on a bike.

Slacker said:

Great roads in that area for sure! I drive out there for work 1 week every month, and have done lots of scouting to spot roads I want to check out on my bike... it has paid off. Two roads over there I would place in a top 15 or 20 best in Ohio category, but the rest is good fun as well. If anyone ever wants some good route pointers, by all means hit me up. I am happy to share some insider info on good roads, whats got new pavement, etc. Or even come out and ride with you. I have a problem of too many friends with motorcycles that can't ever manage to meet up for good riding out in the hills!

Also, apparently you never rode anything near (south both directions and northeast a bit) where this new member lives, or anything in southeastern Ohio or near Gallipolis, OH...

neverdnf said:
New member. Woodsfield, Ohio. CB350.

YOU...!!! Are VERY lucky indeed! At least for your geographic location and all of the amazing riding roads you have south of you both directions and to the northeast up 26... wow. All I can say is...Get some really good sticky tires on that thing, Avon AM26 at minimum, Bridgestone Battlax BT45 or BT39/BT39SS, and upgrade your shocks and brakes and fork springs... and lean lean lean! Not a straight stretch of road anywhere south of you hardly... Woodsfield is the only gas stop in that entire region, which is chocked full of world class riding roads.

From Columbus, I love taking a route down to Nelsonville and catching "The Rim of the World" (as locals call it) OH-78 Scenic ByWay from Glouster for 11+ mies of totally epic ridgetop nonstop curves and a few amazing 400' high ridgetop vistas nearing Route 555 when the trees start to subside enough for a view. new pavement on 78 at the end of 2015. Great road overall, best is Glouster to 555 or 377. I usually take 377 south and a convoluted back way on 266 to 792 to 676 to Watertown or Waterford Rd (I forget, they cross paths, one is not the right one) to Lowell Hill Rd to Lowell OH to 530 which is amazing and dumps you out into the desolate rider's playground that is roughly south of 78, mostly east of interstate 77, and down to the Ohio River.... best roads in the state, world class top notch riding. My PA buddies were raving about OH-26 that they picked for a direct route from Pitt to Red River Gorge. Thats a great road through the area, but I don't even go out of my way to hit it when all the way down there as there are just too many amazing roads to choose from there to hit them all...

Anyone who loves twisty scenic rides at a brisk pace on sporty vintage bikes, feel free to hit me up any time. I'm in central Columbus.
Also, very much into enduro riding recenty, if anyone needs a buddy to ride Wayne National Forest trails with, or any other area. My brother loaned me his CR125 and I was hooked. I let him ride it mid summer 2016 and got my own trail bike, and we rode every other weekend at Wayne... amazing trails.

Southeast Ohio is amazing, let's ride

I called off work last October for one last warm weather 75 degree ride in October, Kaidesch (sp?) Point Park off of Ohio State Rt 536 about 350-400' above the Ohio River
2016-10-19%2021.32.59.jpg

One of my favorite runs, Wayne National Forest deep in SE Ohio
Sept8ride.jpg

This road has some wicked i.e. DANGEROUS curves and 5 month old pavement... It was love at first sight! Beware of southbound runs on it in particular, there is one 15mph marked curve decreasing radius with a dropoff in elevation and maybe slightly off camber that wrecks many many bikes.... Just after the stop sigh af Sykes Ridge Rd (another good one)
IMG_2428.jpg

Many years ago and a few incarnations back of my primary rider:
8008-albums77-picture4603.jpg

Not my pictures, but to show the awesomeness of riding Appalachian Southeast Ohio:
20140404DayTrip3.jpg

20140404DayTrip4.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_1571-0.jpg

IMG_0076--555-1-0.jpg

IMG_1546-0.jpg

IMG_0099-0.jpg

bs_hh2013_071.jpg

546b4f69ef197_-_theroad-lg.jpg

No epic mountain elevations, but otherwise this region is filled with world class riding to be experienced... Consider ditching those economy tires or overpriced retro antique outdated 40 years ago tires (or dual sport tires on your street bike...not best for the good fun stuff) for some Pirelli Sport Demons, Bridgestone Battlax's, Avon RoadRiders, Shinko 230/SR741, etc.. as you will love riding these awesome roads with some sporty phenomenally gripping tires... There's not nearly the fun potential to be had if you are building a paradoxical "cafe racer" and not running street tires that are nearly race worthy. a true cafe racer should hold true to the racer part of the name for practical reasons, not cosmetic. You will enjoy it afterwards far more when you get to experience southeast Ohio, West Virginia, Eastern KY, NC, eastern TN, the WV bordering areas of VA, etc... I live for this stuff.

Pardon the photo bombing, winter is always too long and I'm ready to ride... 76 degrees today! Spring has sprung...

Welp, now I'm located near Canton, OH. I'm a bit of a loner but can be occasionally convinced to meet up at an ice cream stand.

Here's where I list all my bikes:
'71 Kaw 250 Bison
'81 KZ750 cafe
'94 XR250L
2014 Yamaha Bolt

In progress: '68 CL350

runmikeyrun said:
Welp, now I'm located near Canton, OH. I'm a bit of a loner but can be occasionally convinced to meet up at an ice cream stand.

Here's where I list all my bikes:
'71 Kaw 250 Bison
'81 KZ750 cafe
'94 XR250L
2014 Yamaha Bolt

In progress: '68 CL350
I get up to Canton once in a while, and Wooster a bit more often yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rusnak_322 said:
Where is that photo with the huge rock taken?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk The bottom looks like Deals Gap...I would love to be on some of those roads in the pictures.. I am heading to Deals Gap this coming weekend and staying till Wednesday..

I don't even own an "Ipad" and posted this at work on a PC...strange that it says I used Tapatalk

Rusnak_322 said:
I think that was part of the quote.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

You are correct sir, I figured it out afterwards but was too lazy to post again ;D

After a long absence, I'm working on getting my bikes back on the road. Located in the little village of Tremont City.

550_clean.jpg

cbx_clean.jpg

Cheers - Dennis

It's not exactly right around the corner, but we have a couple passes for Road America next weekend. If anyone has a DCC sticker slapped up somewhere, take a pic and throw it on the DCC facebook post. Most likes wins, so you can figure out how to rig that. Long drive from Ohio, but we're talking about Road America here.

https://www.facebook.com/dimecitycycles/photos/a.467345782907.257510.121773132907/10155954082352908

Go Bucks!

Back
Top Bottom