"Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

diggerdanh said:
Wow, that's tough to price. It's missing a lot of stuff but what is there (important stuff) looks to be in good condition or is new/NOS. It doesn't have a title but it is an RD 350, which are not all that common on the ground in any condition. I'm in the Cincy area and I rarely see any on Craigslist or out running around for that matter. If it was complete without a title that would be a good price. If it were in that condition but did have a title then that would be a good price. I probably would not pay $1000 for it but I bet someone will - so if I really wanted it then I guess I'd probably do it. If I already had a lot of the missing parts then I'd be a lot more comfortable with it.

I'm not a 2-smoke guy and will probably never own one, however, it seems to me that somebody is going to want to kick themselves in the future because they didn't jump on this one now. The Vermont title deal has been proven to work so, while a bit of a pain and a hoop to jump through, no title should no longer be a serious deal-breaker.

ridesolo said:
I'm not a 2-smoke guy and will probably never own one, however, it seems to me that somebody is going to want to kick themselves in the future because they didn't jump on this one now. The Vermont title deal has been proven to work so, while a bit of a pain and a hoop to jump through, no title should no longer be a serious deal-breaker.

Im a big 2t guy, and I have a titled RD frame in my attic and many of the parts this is missing at the house. I still think I would be under water on it if I finished it and tried to flip. I offered him $500 which is where I think it would be worth it, but he didn't want to budge. Sure, the NOS cylinders are nice, and they cost alot, but they dont mean that much unless you already had a completely original museum piece and needed some jugs.

Re: "Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

I'd say that if you can't roll it out of the garage it isn't worth $1k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

JSJamboree said:
Im a big 2t guy, and I have a titled RD frame in my attic and many of the parts this is missing at the house. I still think I would be under water on it if I finished it and tried to flip. I offered him $500 which is where I think it would be worth it, but he didn't want to budge. Sure, the NOS cylinders are nice, and they cost alot, but they dont mean that much unless you already had a completely original museum piece and needed some jugs.

I hear what you are saying from the flipping standpoint. I was really referring more to the guy lusting to own, build, and ride one.

Add swingarm plus a 'few parts' and a Vermont title and it's steep but not stupid money. I have bough better for less, but maybe those days are gone...

Not a motorcycle...but this thing is too good not to post.

00v0v_eba3blyq2sy_600x450.jpg

https://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/6036369325.html

Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442. Thank god that's not a 442.

JustinLonghorn said:
Asking a wee bit too much, eh?

https://frederick.craigslist.org/mcy/6047145018.html

1972 Twin CB350 - $3000

00N0N_4sf7C8aS7aH_600x450.jpg
You know how some apps won't let you put in a decimal? So for $30.00 you have to type in [3000]. Yeah, that.

JustinLonghorn said:
This might be worth looking into.

1976 Yamaha RD400C - $600

00707_curaCNeeNgV_1200x900.jpg

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/6046548177.html

I want that, offer him $500 bring it to the thaw for me please

https://ames.craigslist.org/mcy/6034435801.html

Rad.

canyoncarver said:
That is all you man.
I wish it was closer, but it's not. Which is good. I don't have room for another bike, let alone one with a hack

The hack is worth more than the selling price alone. That's a great deal. I want the hack.

Back
Top Bottom