www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: 1988 CBR600 cafe---waiting for winter tear-down--riding it now!  (Read 26733 times)

Offline ScrapMetal

• 1979 Honda CX500C wanting to be something more
Re: 1988 CBR600 cafe---color idea done, next up exhaust
« Reply #90 on: Sep 02, 2012, 20:56:12 »
Cool. Enjoy your work.

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Carb cleaning in MN
Re: 1988 CBR600 cafe---color idea done, next up exhaust
« Reply #91 on: Sep 03, 2012, 16:33:23 »
Cool. Enjoy your work.

Thanks sir. Always nice to hear good words. I'm up to 200 miles on it now too!  ;D

Offline JordanCFH

Re: 1988 CBR600 cafe---waiting for winter tear-down--riding it now!
« Reply #92 on: Sep 22, 2012, 01:27:43 »
Never liked the rice rocket's but damn dude, that's gonna be a beast looking cafe racer (loving the  license plate mount). The bonus is gonna be the fact its gonna be a speedy lil bastard. I'd say if your gonna be doing a lot over the winter tear down/ paint wise, give those red rims a fresh coat but give it some white accent's to go with the current paint job ( keep the red and white! there is wayyyyy too many bikes that are black (I'm one of em lol since i hate chrome.)

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Carb cleaning in MN
« Reply #93 on: Sep 22, 2012, 14:54:52 »
I hear ya. I'm thinking of doing a white wall on that rim, so it will be red in the center and part of the inner lip, then about half an inch of that lip to the outside lip being white.  Can't wait. It just started acting up on me the other day...so I thought i would look at the spark plugs, they are not originals but boy were they rusty/crusty/ugly.  Going to be fun going over it for the winter and taking my time.  thanks for the kinds words, and yeah she is fast too!  8)

Offline JordanCFH

« Reply #94 on: Sep 22, 2012, 22:09:29 »
No problem man, Hehe yea...Giving that frame a nice fresh coat of paint will set the bike off. have you thought of an Engine colour or accent colour?

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Carb cleaning in MN
« Reply #95 on: Sep 23, 2012, 14:09:10 »
Not really yet. I'd like to verify mechanical integrity over the winter (valves etc.) and then probably keep the engine silver, possibly black...I figured I'd wait until I get it apart to figure out the true colors everything will be.