Damned Wiring!

john83

Over 1,000 Posts
Dammit, I hate electrical issues! I thought I would treat a fried regulator as an excuse to replace my hacked up wiring with a decent stock harness. It's turning from a simple plug and play job to a dammed pain in the ass!

I may have been sold the wrong harness and/or am missing some parts of it. ARGH!!

Electrics suck. It took me 6 hours to put my bike back together an 2 days to mod the wiring.

Thank god for the internet and forum websites so at least I can let more experienced eyes look and help me out. Of course, now that my bike is down I've got a couple of people interested in buying it. That would just figure.

John,

Hopefully you'll get a new wiring harness in soon. Then maybe I'll buy that hacked up harness you have ;)

Doug

Another harness is en route. Should be here in the next couple of days. Of course, I have to go out of town for work Thursday and Friday. If I can get this damn thing up and running after that we'll get together on the old harness.

I also have a complete oil cooler with all the lines if you're interested in that.

Cool, just let me know. Maybe you'll be able to get some riding in with us, and then we'll convince you to just keep the Thruxton.... There are a few events coming up in the next month or so:
- Bull City Rumble
- The Dragon Raid
- Lost in the Smokies
- Barber Vintage Days

I'd like to make it to some of those. I wen't to Bull City Rumble in 2010 and 2011 (I used to live up there) but I don't think it's gonna happen this year. New school semester starts on August 20th and I'm super broke until Uncle Sam starts sending my GI Bill checks again.

Maybe Lost in the Smokies. I will be at Barber for sure. Me, my brothers and another DTT member from up in NC will be heading over together on Friday morning. If anyone from the RAT groups want's to ride with us just let me know.

john83 said:
I'd like to make it to some of those. I wen't to Bull City Rumble in 2010 and 2011 (I used to live up there) but I don't think it's gonna happen this year. New school semester starts on August 20th and I'm super broke until Uncle Sam starts sending my GI Bill checks again.

Maybe Lost in the Smokies. I will be at Barber for sure. Me, my brothers and another DTT member from up in NC will be heading over together on Friday morning. If anyone from the RAT groups want's to ride with us just let me know.

I'll let you know on Barber, I know a number of guys will be going over, not sure exactly when and how just yet. Some guys are camping, we've got some guys racing, and some guys just flat out goofing off...

Back
Top Bottom